OP niftycalls

23rd June 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2

58 posts
More
Hi Experts,

i had rooted my phone a while back and installed custom recovery , and was on stock ROM.
Due to issues on official emails, i had to unroot my phone and relock it.

All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA.

I do have the stock recovery (i think).
So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?

Let me know PLEASE!

Regards
Manas
23rd June 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 623

2,032 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftycalls

Hi Experts,

i had rooted my phone a while back and installed custom recovery , and was on stock ROM.
Due to issues on official emails, i had to unroot my phone and relock it.

All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA.

I do have the stock recovery (i think).
So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?

Let me know PLEASE!

Regards
Manas

post result from command fastboot getvar version-main and we will find you the stock recovery
24th June 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

58 posts
More
@Thant, the issue is not really finding the stock recovery, i assume i have it, question is -

"All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA."
"So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?"
24th June 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 82

417 posts
More
Quote:

@Thant, the issue is not really finding the stock recovery, i assume i have it, question is -

"All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA."
"So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?"

as i can remember even if your bootloader is unlocked as long as you have stock recovery you can update.. just make sure you have a backup of all your data.
24th June 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

58 posts
More
Phew.. So my booloader is RE LOCKED now, and i just want to install the stock recovery... without losing data or unlocking the bootloader........possible???
24th June 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag Niš
Thanks Meter: 290

894 posts
More
Quote:

Phew.. So my booloader is RE LOCKED now, and i just want to install the stock recovery... without losing data or unlocking the bootloader........possible???

No.
To flash recovery, your bootloader must be unlocked. Do you still have unlock.bin file?
24th June 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@c|-|oR

No.
To flash recovery, your bootloader must be unlocked. Do you still have unlock.bin file?

yess.. i have the unlock.bin, but then i lose all the data no?
24th June 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Niš
Thanks Meter: 290

894 posts
More
Quote:

yess.. i have the unlock.bin, but then i lose all the data no?

As far as I remember you will lose data. Make a backup (Titanium, or similar app) of important data, unlock the bootloader, flash stock recovery, reboot, restore data.
And keep the bootloader unlocked!
24th June 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore

58 posts
More
damn!! if i keep my bootloader unlocked, i keep getting an error from an anitvirus kinda tool tht i had to install so that i receive my office emails. thanks for your help, will do this when i have a lot of time..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread