Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,922 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install Stock Recovery

Tip us?

niftycalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Install Stock Recovery

Hi Experts,

i had rooted my phone a while back and installed custom recovery , and was on stock ROM.
Due to issues on official emails, i had to unroot my phone and relock it.

All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA.

I do have the stock recovery (i think).
So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?

Let me know PLEASE!

Regards
Manas

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by niftycalls View Post
Hi Experts,

i had rooted my phone a while back and installed custom recovery , and was on stock ROM.
Due to issues on official emails, i had to unroot my phone and relock it.

All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA.

I do have the stock recovery (i think).
So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?

Let me know PLEASE!

Regards
Manas
post result from command fastboot getvar version-main and we will find you the stock recovery
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification

niftycalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
@Thant, the issue is not really finding the stock recovery, i assume i have it, question is -

"All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA."
"So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?"

robchongke
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
@Thant, the issue is not really finding the stock recovery, i assume i have it, question is -

"All is fine, however i did miss 1 step, that is, i still have a diff recovery on it, and i want to install my stock recovery back so that i can install OTA."
"So is theree a quick way to do that without unlocking the bootloader again or without losing any data?"
as i can remember even if your bootloader is unlocked as long as you have stock recovery you can update.. just make sure you have a backup of all your data.

niftycalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Phew.. So my booloader is RE LOCKED now, and i just want to install the stock recovery... without losing data or unlocking the bootloader........possible???

M@c|-|oR
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Phew.. So my booloader is RE LOCKED now, and i just want to install the stock recovery... without losing data or unlocking the bootloader........possible???
No.
To flash recovery, your bootloader must be unlocked. Do you still have unlock.bin file?
Slim Kat 7.2.1
KitKat 4.4.4
@280dpi (my arms are too short for lower )

niftycalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by M@c|-|oR View Post
No.
To flash recovery, your bootloader must be unlocked. Do you still have unlock.bin file?
yess.. i have the unlock.bin, but then i lose all the data no?

M@c|-|oR
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
yess.. i have the unlock.bin, but then i lose all the data no?
As far as I remember you will lose data. Make a backup (Titanium, or similar app) of important data, unlock the bootloader, flash stock recovery, reboot, restore data.
And keep the bootloader unlocked!
Slim Kat 7.2.1
KitKat 4.4.4
@280dpi (my arms are too short for lower )

niftycalls
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
damn!! if i keep my bootloader unlocked, i keep getting an error from an anitvirus kinda tool tht i had to install so that i receive my office emails. thanks for your help, will do this when i have a lot of time..