Its like the cwm is corrupted and wont let me do anything how do I get into the phones recovery not Clockworkmod recovery.
sorry i;m new at this
- You can't really accidentally delete a recovery. If you can get into clockworkmod recovery it, it is not deleted
- You can only flash a different recovery if you are s-off, are you s-off?
- Does performing any action within cwm cause it to hang immediately? Can you try to full wipe (wipe data/factory reset), and then flash a ROM.zip file such as cyanogenmod? Does it boot?
- If you can't get it to boot, then you will likely have to flash an RUU to get it booting again. Use the 2.3.3 GB RUU, details how to flash are in the troubleshooting guide stickied to the top of Q&A.
- Once you get it booting and if you still want to install a custom ROM, use revolutionary to s-off, then flash 4EXT recovery instead, use that recovery to (re)partition your sdcard and install the ROM.
Yes I'm S-off, the phone wont start(boot all the way to working) I get into the (power vol down) menu, I go into recover, anything I do in there hangs the phone all I get is the cwm hat icon, I have to tske the battery out and put it back in. the only thing I think is, I have change micro SD cards the one that used to be in it is in my new phone and have deleted all the old files on it.
WHENEVER I do anything CWM it hangs can I recover without CWM it seems it controlls everything i do....
i had Rom manager installed too thet could be deleted, if rom manager is delete will that stuff up the phone, i think the partition is delete tooo... can i re partition it from windows??
- I've never seen CWM hang like this. Within CWM, are you using the power button to select the options? You need to push the trackball to select (the middle button on the front of the phone)
- If you were using a custom ROM which used the sdcard in some way like a partition, you can't simply switch sd cards without backing up and transferring the necessary files to the new sdcard
You are s-off, so that's good. Assuming you still want a custom ROM:
- Flash 4EXT recovery using fastboot
- Backup your sd card, and use 4EXT recovery to completely reformat and partition your sd card (maximum 2GB ext4 partition)
- Copy backup back to sdcard, and ROM.zip of your choice
- (Optional but recommended) For maximum app space, flash optimal hboot for your ROM using fastboot, read the ROM's install instructions for information.
- 'Wipe all partitions except sdcard' option within 4EXT recovery (this is a 'full wipe')
- Install ROM.
EDIT: once you get it booting again, DO NOT use ROM manager in any way on this phone. You don't need it, has caused problems on this phone, could have been the reason for your issues in the first place.
and what about Rom Manager and CWM can I uninstalll them and put 4EXT on it instead
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|