Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying To Save A Little Time

Tip us?

DickyG
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Trying To Save A Little Time

To me, flashing new ROM's is a very time consuming process. I'm hoping that some of you might offer some advice on how I can save some time.

When installing a new ROM, here's what I do:

1. Do full wipes, flash ROM & Gapps
2. Set up email accounts (pretty quick)
3. Install Titanium Backup (pretty easy since I keep a copy of the apk on my SD card)
4. Use TB to restore user apps & data (time consuming)
5. Use TB to move user apps to SD card (time consuming)
6. Use TB to restore stuff like call logs, message logs, wi-fi access points, etc. (pretty quick)
7. Choose wallpaper, set up home screen folders (pretty quick)
8. Go through system settings & make any changes
9. Test stuff like phone, browser, messaging to see that they're working
10. Reboot a few times to see if I get any FC's...if I do, I usually uninstall the offending apps and re-install from Playstore (time consuming)

Depending on whether I have to deal with any issues, I'd say I'm spending 2-3 hours start to finish. I think this is way too long.

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3606

DONATE TO ME
How come you move your apps to SD? Nowadays we have a lot of space in /data. What I've tried doing was moving apps I don't really care about or use much to the sd card and I keep everything I use often or wouldn't want to not be able to use without an sd card on /data.

Your instructions look solid
The Following User Says Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CSP III
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyG View Post
To me, flashing new ROM's is a very time consuming process. I'm hoping that some of you might offer some advice on how I can save some time.

When installing a new ROM, here's what I do:

1. Do full wipes, flash ROM & Gapps
2. Set up email accounts (pretty quick)
3. Install Titanium Backup (pretty easy since I keep a copy of the apk on my SD card)
4. Use TB to restore user apps & data (time consuming)
5. Use TB to move user apps to SD card (time consuming)
6. Use TB to restore stuff like call logs, message logs, wi-fi access points, etc. (pretty quick)
7. Choose wallpaper, set up home screen folders (pretty quick)
8. Go through system settings & make any changes
9. Test stuff like phone, browser, messaging to see that they're working
10. Reboot a few times to see if I get any FC's...if I do, I usually uninstall the offending apps and re-install from Playstore (time consuming)

Depending on whether I have to deal with any issues, I'd say I'm spending 2-3 hours start to finish. I think this is way too long.
+1....pretty much the same procedure I have been doing for a year or so. 2-3 hrs is a bit long. I can get it done in about an hour, but I've done it many many times. Also, do you have TB Pro??? Its worth the money if not. All the apps will reinstall auto style without having to grant permission for each one. (saves a lot of time) Other than that, your good!
The Following User Says Thank You to CSP III For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]