Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Linux Deploy Installation Problem?

Tip us?

CodemasterRob
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt [Q] Linux Deploy Installation Problem?

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.

gizmogeeker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemasterRob View Post
Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.
I had the same problem with my Nexus 5, I fixed it by changing the installation path (in the properties/download menu) to /sdcard/linux.img, hope this helps
Tags
install, linux, linux deploy, nexus 5, storage