Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,414 Members 50,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GPS Problem

Tip us?

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Post [Q] GPS Problem

Hello guys i have Wildfire S with CM10.1 and TWRP 2.3.3!I haven't install GOOGLE APPS only MAPS and STREET VIEW but my GPS can't find me what can i do please HELP

THANKS IN EVERY POST THAT WILL HELP ME

iliyancho
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everwfs View Post
Hello guys i have Wildfire S with CM10.1 and TWRP 2.3.3!I haven't install GOOGLE APPS only MAPS and STREET VIEW but my GPS can't find me what can i do please HELP

THANKS IN EVERY POST THAT WILL HELP ME
What is your location?
HTC Wildfire S A510e - not working ( with shattered display )

4everwfs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliyancho View Post
What is your location?

Greece!

iliyancho
Old
(Last edited by iliyancho; 24th June 2014 at 04:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 52
To get your GPS working download these files GPS Fix and put them on your SD Card.
Then open File Manager (if you have it get one from the playstore) go to Settings -> General Settings, scroll a bit till you get to Access mode. Click it and choose Root Access Mode wait a bit and a window will show asking you for a root permission, choose remember always and click allow.
Then go back to the File Manager and navigate to the SD card and find the files u downloaded a moment ago, mark them and click on the little blue box with a circle inside in the upper left corner it will open a side menu, choose Root Folder , navigate to ETC , after click on the 8 dots that are located in the left down corner and choose move selection here.
Look for the GPS.conf file, place your finger and hold till options windows shows up, choose Properties and then Permissions.
In Permissions you have to choose under Owner you should have ticked only R and W, in Group only R, and in others only R, untick everything else.
Click ok, and search for SuplRootCert, and again do the same thing with permissions.
Reboot your device after that.
Then go to play store and download GPS Status & Toolbox .
Make sure you have turned on location from settings.
Get out from your house so you have a clear view to the sky and wait with the app opened for several minutes.
I tested this on my old Wildfire S and it works. You have to wait quite a bit the first time( like 10mins or so), but after that it works with no problems.

Hope i helped!
HTC Wildfire S A510e - not working ( with shattered display )