Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play Store Force Close on LG L70

Tip us?
 
randomfatkid
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Question [Q] Google Play Store Force Close on LG L70

So I'm having issues with the Play Store. It keeps force closing when I try to launch it. I've rooted my device, installed Superuser SU and updated it as well. However, when I try to launch the Play Store or even update my apps, it keeps crashing. I've tried clearing cache/data and force stopped it with a reboot. It still does it. I've tried uninstalling the updates and rebooting, still happening. I even downloaded the updated APK for the store and it will open but then if an app tries to update, it'll close.

I even went so far and did a factory reset and it still does it.

It kind of sucks because I'd like to be able to download apps, etc.

Any clue/ideas what I can do?

I'm using LG L70 from MetroPCS
 
abhishek 9650
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 69
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: new delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfatkid View Post
So I'm having issues with the Play Store. It keeps force closing when I try to launch it. I've rooted my device, installed Superuser SU and updated it as well. However, when I try to launch the Play Store or even update my apps, it keeps crashing. I've tried clearing cache/data and force stopped it with a reboot. It still does it. I've tried uninstalling the updates and rebooting, still happening. I even downloaded the updated APK for the store and it will open but then if an app tries to update, it'll close.

I even went so far and did a factory reset and it still does it.

It kind of sucks because I'd like to be able to download apps, etc.

Any clue/ideas what I can do?

I'm using LG L70 from MetroPCS
just change the apk with latest one in /system/app
make sure to delete the first apk and rename the app name to 'phonesky'
reboot
press thanks button it will not pinch your finger






follow me on twitter: @abhishekwhacky13
fb: www.facebook.com/abhishek.mudgal.52
instagram: @abhishek9650
gmail: abhishek.mudgal.59@gmail.com
 
randomfatkid
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek 9650 View Post
just change the apk with latest one in /system/app
make sure to delete the first apk and rename the app name to 'phonesky'
reboot
I tried deleting it using ES File Explorer but it says it can't delete it.
 
abhishek 9650
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 69
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: new delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomfatkid View Post
I tried deleting it using ES File Explorer but it says it can't delete it.
first you have to mount r/w . you can find this option under menu under root explorer option . and mount r/w and then delete the app and you need to be rooted for that
press thanks button it will not pinch your finger






follow me on twitter: @abhishekwhacky13
fb: www.facebook.com/abhishek.mudgal.52
instagram: @abhishek9650
gmail: abhishek.mudgal.59@gmail.com
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes