Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bricked?

OP jideay

24th June 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

188 posts
OK now I'm trying to flash 4.4.4. I got the tab into bootloader but forgot to turn in usb debugging. It is in recovery and my only options are start, recovery, power off. How do I get back to normal operation?
24th June 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #22  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay

OK now I'm trying to flash 4.4.4. I got the tab into bootloader but forgot to turn in usb debugging. It is in recovery and my only options are start, recovery, power off. How do I get back to normal operation?

You don't need USB debugging when in the bootloader. That's only for when you are already booted up in the Android OS. To make sure you're good to go, open up a command window in the platform-tools folder (or wherever the fastboot and adb programs were installed on your computer) and type "fastboot devices". Obviously, without the quotation marks. You should see the serial number for your device appear. That means you're good to go with the drivers. Then, you can flash the factory image.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

188 posts
OK I am trying to use the Nexus Root Toolkit and that's what it's telling me. I'll try it the other way when I get home.
24th June 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #24  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 159

511 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jideay

OK I am trying to use the Nexus Root Toolkit and that's what it's telling me. I'll try it the other way when I get home.

I strongly advise AGAINST using a toolkit. Especially since (no offense) you don't seem to know the basics of what you are trying to do. I recommend following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701. It's for the Nexus 5, but the procedure for the Nexus 10 (as well as the Nexus 7 (2013)) is identical. Just make sure you have the correct 4.4.4 factory image for our device (manta). Since you have already used the toolkit in the past, you probably already have the drivers. Just flash each image file individually by following Method 2 in the OP from that thread. If you don't want to lose your data, DO NOT FLASH USERDATA.IMG.
The Following User Says Thank You to charesa39 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread