Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lumia switching off for no reason.

Tip us?

mobi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Lumia switching off for no reason.

Hi all, I have a Lumia 1020 USA AT&T model with WP8.1 and all the latest updates from the Preview for Developers installed. I have a problem where my Lumia will turn off or at least I think it's off. Most of the time a soft reset will cure the issue but I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem?

It pre-dates WP8.1 and was happening with WP8 too. Today for example, I didn't charge the phone last night and I think it dies earlier this morning but after plugging it into power, again nothing. No beeps, no signs of life, nothing. I did a soft reset and it's back. I'm beginning to think that it could be an app...

Besides a hard reset, does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? I think that's going to be the end result but I thought I'd ask first. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers.

prestonmcafee
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Same problem

I'm having the same problem, mostly at night. There are other people with this issue. Nokia has exchanged phones for some.

I did the hard reset but that did not fix the problem. I'm trying other things -- uninstalling apps and turning off battery saver -- we'll see if it works.

My firmware is 3051.40000.1346.0001, unlocked AT&T phone running WP8.1 Dev preview. Is there a newer firmware?