Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 49,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stratosphere modding

Tip us?

Oface82
Old
(Last edited by GermainZ; 25th June 2014 at 08:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Stratosphere modding

Out of the gate I want to say that you guys are incredible for setting up a forum like this. I know you'll get lots of people who will just hop on here and ask some oft-answered question without ever taking the time to do a simple google search, but for those who don't abuse the forum I think it will be a real asset. Anyway, I have a Verizon Stratosphere II, a phone that as far as I can has received no development whatsoever outside of the followers of our devices small xda forum. It is an hdpi device that runs 4.1.2 touchwiz. If we want to mod or theme we have to sort of extrapolate procedures by readings tutorials for other devices. While this is a good way to learn, sometimes there are mountains we can't overcome without some help.

About two months I began trying to follow BOOTMGR's tutorial for upgrading the status bar to the one from 4.2.2. I have run into problem after problem from the beginning and have gotten most of them solved but I've been spinning my wheels for about 3 weeks now. I know that in order to edit the smali files in systemui I need to deodex it. Do I also need to odex the rest of the rom? I have done many mods to SystemUI before using apktool but never to smali files. I would think the proper order to do things would be something like:

1. deodex SystemUI
2. decompile SystemUI
3. perform mod from op
4. recompile SystemUI
5. reodex SystemUI

However, I've tried that and everything else I can think without success. Often it even successfully recompiles but then fcs when pushed back. I am 100% sure that my phone and the galaxy II on which the tutorial is based are similar enough this to be feasible, I just can't quite get there.

Thanks again for all you do guys!

philos64
Old
(Last edited by philos64; 24th June 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2640
Location: Somewhere between sky and sea in Brittany - XDA Assist Place

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Try to see this thread => Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 > Galaxy S II Themes and Apps > [MOD][GUIDE][JB 4.1.2] AOSP Style Status Bar on Samsung ROMs

- [GUIDE]How to add customizable 14 statusbar toggle buttons for samsung ROM

and the answer from my colleague @Perseus71
Quote:
You might want to pose the query in Android Software and Hacking General [Developers Only] where one of the other Developers might be able to help you with your issues in detail.

What I do believe, is that you need rest of the other System APKs particularly framework-res. You might be better served using [KITCHEN] ArchiKitchen - Android Kitchen (WIP) [Linux].

There are also a whole set of Tutorials by @Ticklefish . Those will help as well. He also has his own Theming tool Tickle My Android.

XDA Assist is the place where you can get help finding your way on XDA. This is not a support forum !!!
Click and go to XDA-Assist
DONT PM ME FOR QUESTIONS RELATED TO ROM, Ask in thread, it's better for all members- THANKS

Actual Devices : HTC One M8 - HTC One M7 //Google N7 Wifi - Google N7 2013 LTE
Retired Devices :HTC Hero-HTC Desire Z-HTC Desire S-HTC One X- N7 3G - Asus TF300T

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe