Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black screen while in call!

Tip us?

Hally79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Black screen while in call!

Ok I have a question, I have a really annoying bug while im in a call! The screen goes black as soon as I press the call button,the phone call is fine but when I come to end the call the screen is still black and I cant end the call because there is no response from the screen!! Is anyone else facing this problem? I hope somebody knows how to fix it.
Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

jeremy.shi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm on .402 and I cannot duplicate the issue. What version is your phone on? Have you tried reinstall the system via sony update service?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hally79
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Im also on .402 im at work at the min so cant try anything until I get home. Just checked again and its ok now! But for how long I dont know. Its very annoying if its going to keep doing this!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

jeremy.shi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hmm...that's interesting. glad to hear it's okay now. It doesn't sound like a hardware problem to me. If it keeps happening, maybe try reinstalling the system. Remember to backup before you do the restore tho

P.S you might want to avoid sony Pc companion for backup. It failed to restore last time I tried and a lot of people reported that the app would freeze for quite a while (in some cases stayed frozen forever) if your backup is big.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

stu_tls
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Are you covering the proximity sensor?