FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Scratched screen

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By ammurad, Senior Member on 24th June 2014, 01:12 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I've unfortunately managed to scratch my m8 screen with keys, the scratches are light, but annoying when the phone is switched off.

Is there anyway to clean these out? I heard somewhere that toothpaste works?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
 
 
24th June 2014, 01:27 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammurad

I've unfortunately managed to scratch my m8 screen with keys, the scratches are light, but annoying when the phone is switched off.

Is there anyway to clean these out? I heard somewhere that toothpaste works?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Is your scratches on the screen if so then why dont you send it to htc?htc offers free 1 time screen replacement within first 6 months.
Also you can use small bit of toothpaste.
24th June 2014, 02:49 PM |#3  
ammurad's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotirdeb

Is your scratches on the screen if so then why dont you send it to htc?htc offers free 1 time screen replacement within first 6 months.
Also you can use small bit of toothpaste.

Thanks. I did think of that, but I have an unlocked bootloader with s-off, which I guess voids my warranty?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 03:06 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammurad

Thanks. I did think of that, but I have an unlocked bootloader with s-off, which I guess voids my warranty?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Try to return each and everything to stock(rom/recovery/kernel)then lock bootloader then act like you dont know that you have S-Off device.In us and uk they wont see if you have s-on or s-off.Also you have to act a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jyotirdeb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 03:27 PM |#5  
K-a-M-u-Z-u's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Those scratches are noticeable only when screen is off.you won't see them when you are using the phone, so I don't understand why does it bother people...
Do you look at your phone when it's switched off? I mean more then a second?In my opinion, What you don't see, is not worth worrying about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 03:30 PM |#6  
ammurad's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-a-M-u-Z-u

Those scratches are noticeable only when screen is off.you won't see them when you are using the phone, so I don't understand why does it bother people...
Do you look at your phone when it's switched off? I mean more then a second?In my opinion, What you don't see, is not worth worrying about.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You are right I guess. Plus I just realised the HTC advantage programme is not available in the UK. I would have to use a local outlet.

Toothpaste it is then!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 06:30 PM |#7  
ashyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,008
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammurad

You are right I guess. Plus I just realised the HTC advantage programme is not available in the UK. I would have to use a local outlet.

Toothpaste it is then!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Just be aware the screen has a special coating, if you rub it off where the scratch is you may find this leaves a noticeable patch and you may end up having to remove the coating from the whole screen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes