Post Reply

Automatic twrp backup?

OP tokenpoke

21st June 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Not sure if this belongs here but it is a question, lol.

Are there any apps/mods that would allow me to set up an automatic backup time/date to backup my ROMs?

By this I mean is there a was to have my phone automatically run twrp and make a nandroid while I sleep, possibly delete the old backup while I'm at it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #2  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,476
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Im sure it can be done. Anything is possible on xda! Unfortunately im not sure right now how to tell you to go about it. Is this something that an app like Tasker and/or a script manager might help with?
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
mp3deviant721's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Try an app called Online Nandroid Backup. The name is a bit misleading but be assured, it does not use the internet to make nandroids.

d2tmo: Carbonized & LeanKernel'd edition
The Following User Says Thank You to mp3deviant721 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #4  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,476
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Online as in the device is still booted up im guessing? You could also write up a script to run the dd command to dump your data partition to a .img file. Then as I mentioned before use something like Tasker or a script manager to schedule it to run.
24th June 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #5  
mp3deviant721's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Online as in the device is still booted up im guessing? You could also write up a script to run the dd command to dump your data partition to a .img file. Then as I mentioned before use something like Tasker or a script manager to schedule it to run.

Yep. As in device fully booted.

d2tmo: Carbonized & LeanKernel'd edition
24th June 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #6  
anil2653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 204
 
626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke

Not sure if this belongs here but it is a question, lol.

Are there any apps/mods that would allow me to set up an automatic backup time/date to backup my ROMs?

By this I mean is there a was to have my phone automatically run twrp and make a nandroid while I sleep, possibly delete the old backup while I'm at it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I use Rom manager Pro and it has automatic backup provision where you can set it with date and time and it will create backup automatically

You too can try

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anil2653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Thanks guys I'll look into each option tonight.

I was thinking about doing docs suggestion but I don't know how to make the script run at certain times without possibly causing some weird issue. Tasker should solve that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #8  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,476
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
I've heard good things about gscript as well. There are probably a number of script management apps in the play store you can try too. Didn't think about Rom Manager, but there are also TWRP apps that might do the same. If you go that route just use whichever app goes with your preferred recovery.
24th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #9  
anil2653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 204
 
626 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenpoke

Thanks guys I'll look into each option tonight.

I was thinking about doing docs suggestion but I don't know how to make the script run at certain times without possibly causing some weird issue. Tasker should solve that

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Rom Manager Pro has an option "manage backup and restore" and in that automatic backup is by default off so if you turn it on then it will be asking you to put backup time then days.

Then it will keep your Rom backed up.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S III Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank