[Q] Amazon VOD Workaround No Longer Working?

OP JOLiu

24th June 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

124 posts
All,

I am running the Bonestock 3.4 ROM (JB 4.1.2) with Adobe Flash and Dolphin installed and I followed all of the steps to get Amazon's video on demand to work. When I press the "Watch Now" button, I get the "Connecting" screen for about 30 seconds and then get the message of "Unable to connect to video. Please try again later."

I also tried running Amazong VOD on Firefox and 1 or 2 other browsers that allow flash; however, all browsers return the same error.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if Amazon is somehow preventing its videos from playing using these methods.

Any feedback, insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
24th June 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kokomo
Thanks Meter: 20

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLiu

All,

I am running the Bonestock 3.4 ROM (JB 4.1.2) with Adobe Flash and Dolphin installed and I followed all of the steps to get Amazon's video on demand to work. When I press the "Watch Now" button, I get the "Connecting" screen for about 30 seconds and then get the message of "Unable to connect to video. Please try again later."

I also tried running Amazong VOD on Firefox and 1 or 2 other browsers that allow flash; however, all browsers return the same error.

I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if Amazon is somehow preventing its videos from playing using these methods.

Any feedback, insight or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Make sure your Dolphin User Agent is set to "Desktop" mode, or it will error out.
Settings>>Customize>>User Agent
24th June 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerDroid

Make sure your Dolphin User Agent is set to "Desktop" mode, or it will error out.
Settings>>Customize>>User Agent

@BoilerDroid, thanks for the response. I did already set the settings to desktop mode and am getting that error. I get the same error on Firefox and Flashfox as well, which is why I was under the impression that Amazon had somehow patched the workaround.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread