Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unlocked G900T1 4G and LTE issues

Tip us?

audacious nick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unlocked G900T1 4G and LTE issues

So I recently bought anew unlocked MetroPCS St, which is the sm-g900t1 model, and I am using it on att. What I have noticed is that it has a tendency to go into 4G mode and not want to switch back. I literally have to go into the *#2263# menu and choose an LTE band, then switch back to automatic selection. It's a bit of a pain.

I have rooted it and installed a few programs, but that is about the extent of my issues. Oh, and I hate the auto correct on this phone.

Anyone know what I can do in order to prevent this from happening?

audacious nick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
So I recently bought anew unlocked MetroPCS St, which is the sm-g900t1 model, and I am using it on att. What I have noticed is that it has a tendency to go into 4G mode and not want to switch back. I literally have to go into the *#2263# menu and choose an LTE band, then switch back to automatic selection. It's a bit of a pain.

I have rooted it and installed a few programs, but that is about the extent of my issues. Oh, and I hate the auto correct on this phone.

Anyone know what I can do in order to prevent this from happening?
I would like to add onto this and say that I will show that I have LTE, yet a speed test shows otherwise. I just check mine and I was getting 0.8mbps download. So either I'm being throttled despite not being at my limit, or the phone likes doing what it wants.