OP h_zee13

23rd May 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #21  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 47

386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eats7

Can anyone confirm that the unlocked version from the sony store has an unlockable bootloader?

Phones sold direct from Sony (at the Sony Store) always come with an unlockable bootloader. Units obtained through operators almost always come with locked bootloaders.
The Following User Says Thank You to enrique71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #22  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

467 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique71

Phones sold direct from Sony (at the Sony Store) always come with an unlockable bootloader. Units obtained through operators almost always come with locked bootloaders.

I just had a friend with a Sony Store sim-unlocked Z2 verify this too, and indeed the sim unlocked model from the Sony Store has unlockable bootloader.

Edit:
I picked up a Sony Store Z2 myself. It has unlockabke bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by hidea; 24th May 2014 at 08:43 PM.
24th May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,125

1,418 posts
Donate to Me
More
Finally received my pre-order from the Sony store Eaton Center Montreal

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I only held the phone and it's much lighter than I was expecting.

25th May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_zee13

Finally received my pre-order from the Sony store Eaton Center Montreal

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I only held the phone and it's much lighter than I was expecting.

Does it come with the noise cancelling headphones or any other accessories?

It would totally suck if it didn't since I also shelled out $700 for the pre-order (the noise cancelling was actually one of the selling points for me).

Also, did you get the black one? I ordered a white one and they said that won't be available until early/mid June
26th May 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,125

1,418 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphones4fun

Does it come with the noise cancelling headphones or any other accessories?

It would totally suck if it didn't since I also shelled out $700 for the pre-order (the noise cancelling was actually one of the selling points for me).

Also, did you get the black one? I ordered a white one and they said that won't be available until early/mid June

I got the black one and it didn't come with the noise cancelling headphones. Just the generic headphones

The phone is a 14W19 version so based on this thread, these are the issues: the camera is slightly off center ( doesnt affect the image quality ) , tiny gap at bottom left .
31st May 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #26  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 145

1,008 posts
More
I picked up mine from Wireless Wave in Toronto on Tuesday. Of course since Bell is the ONLY CANADIAN PROVIDER to carry the Xperia Z2 at the moment, my phone is too bootloader LOCKED by Bell (stupid bastards), and DID NOT come with the noise cancelling headphones.... sucks monkey balls but i still love the phone..

we need root for locked bootloaders and then i wont even care anymore..
24th June 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 34

358 posts
More
Been away from Android for a while, but thinking about picking this phone up. From what I see, if I get it from Bell, I'll need to wait until someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms, or at least wait for someone to come up with a way to root it to customize the factory rom?

Thanks.
24th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 38

388 posts
any news on the new firmware coming out for Canada? Got mine from Sony style.ca unlocked but still stucked with .55 firmware . Sony is usualy very quick with updating their unlock phones, like Z1 but Z2 seem to be really slow, I think we are like 3 FW behind.
24th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Does anyone know if the root exploits work on the locked Bell phones? Do you need an unlocked bootloader to get root?

Do the sony stores actually have Z2's in stock, or is it just for those of you who preordered?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread