Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,004 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z2 *****Official Canadian thread*****

Tip us?

enrique71
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by eats7 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the unlocked version from the sony store has an unlockable bootloader?
Phones sold direct from Sony (at the Sony Store) always come with an unlockable bootloader. Units obtained through operators almost always come with locked bootloaders.
The Following User Says Thank You to enrique71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hidea
Old
(Last edited by hidea; 24th May 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrique71 View Post
Phones sold direct from Sony (at the Sony Store) always come with an unlockable bootloader. Units obtained through operators almost always come with locked bootloaders.
I just had a friend with a Sony Store sim-unlocked Z2 verify this too, and indeed the sim unlocked model from the Sony Store has unlockable bootloader.

Edit:
I picked up a Sony Store Z2 myself. It has unlockabke bootloader.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP511)
Unlocked Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers HTC One 2014 (M8) on Koodo Mobile
Rogers HTC One (M7) on Koodo Wireless
Bell Galaxy S5 on Virgin Mobile
Rogers LG G2 (D803) on Virgin Mobile
Rogers Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) on Virgin Mobile
Google Nexus 5 on Virgin Mobile
TELUS Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900W8) on Koodo Wireless & Galaxy Gear (SM-V7000ZKAXAC)
Rogers Moto X (XT1058) on Koodo Wireless

h_zee13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,124

DONATE TO ME
Finally received my pre-order from the Sony store Eaton Center Montreal

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I only held the phone and it's much lighter than I was expecting.

If I've helped you in any way, press the THANKS button

cellphones4fun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_zee13 View Post
Finally received my pre-order from the Sony store Eaton Center Montreal

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I only held the phone and it's much lighter than I was expecting.

Does it come with the noise cancelling headphones or any other accessories?

It would totally suck if it didn't since I also shelled out $700 for the pre-order (the noise cancelling was actually one of the selling points for me).

Also, did you get the black one? I ordered a white one and they said that won't be available until early/mid June

h_zee13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphones4fun View Post
Does it come with the noise cancelling headphones or any other accessories?

It would totally suck if it didn't since I also shelled out $700 for the pre-order (the noise cancelling was actually one of the selling points for me).

Also, did you get the black one? I ordered a white one and they said that won't be available until early/mid June
I got the black one and it didn't come with the noise cancelling headphones. Just the generic headphones

The phone is a 14W19 version so based on this thread, these are the issues: the camera is slightly off center ( doesnt affect the image quality ) , tiny gap at bottom left .

If I've helped you in any way, press the THANKS button

BULL3TPR00F
Old
Thanks Meter 140
I picked up mine from Wireless Wave in Toronto on Tuesday. Of course since Bell is the ONLY CANADIAN PROVIDER to carry the Xperia Z2 at the moment, my phone is too bootloader LOCKED by Bell (stupid bastards), and DID NOT come with the noise cancelling headphones.... sucks monkey balls but i still love the phone..

we need root for locked bootloaders and then i wont even care anymore..

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Been away from Android for a while, but thinking about picking this phone up. From what I see, if I get it from Bell, I'll need to wait until someone figures out how to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms, or at least wait for someone to come up with a way to root it to customize the factory rom?

Thanks.

Gitaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 37
any news on the new firmware coming out for Canada? Got mine from Sony style.ca unlocked but still stucked with .55 firmware . Sony is usualy very quick with updating their unlock phones, like Z1 but Z2 seem to be really slow, I think we are like 3 FW behind.

emergent_cypher
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know if the root exploits work on the locked Bell phones? Do you need an unlocked bootloader to get root?

Do the sony stores actually have Z2's in stock, or is it just for those of you who preordered?