[Q] A few questions about the gap due to the screen alignment

OP HussainQ

24th June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112

632 posts
More
Hello all

I just got my Xperia Z2 a couple days back and I wanted to ask a couple questions about the screen alignment of the device.

1) I know a lot of people have this issue so I wanted to know is this issue affects waterproofing. Unfortunately there are no Sony test centres here.

2) I guess the answer to the first question will answer this but, how do you clean dust that accumulates in the gaps?

Thanks

Wow, this looked so much larger on my device
Last edited by HussainQ; 24th June 2014 at 08:03 PM.
24th June 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

134 posts
1) The sealing area is much larger than any possible misalignment so it shouldn't make one bit of difference on waterproofing. The screen/back/etc not being properly bounded is what you should be worried about.

2) The ares with the so called gaps can be cleaned easier than the areas without gaps(well smaller gap). I haven't had issues with needing to clean either.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to lovemyram4x4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 112

632 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyram4x4

1) The sealing area is much larger than any possible misalignment so it shouldn't make one bit of difference on waterproofing. The screen/back/etc not being properly bounded is what you should be worried about.

2) The ares with the so called gaps can be cleaned easier than the areas without gaps(well smaller gap). I haven't had issues with needing to clean either.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply.

I was also wondering how to dry off the phone quickly after submerging it in water. I heard that speaker quality and mic input gets reduced while the phone is wet.
Oh and how to clean dust that accumulates on port covers on their rubber seams. I see a microfiber cloth can't do much
Last edited by HussainQ; 24th June 2014 at 08:16 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread