Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sense 6 - missing HTC Live Wallpaper (multiple pictures)

Tip us?

s4vva
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Default Sense 6 - missing HTC Live Wallpaper (multiple pictures)

Hi all I have just upgraded to Sense 6 and it seems HTC have removed the live wallpaper that lets you select multiple pictures from the gallery. I loved that wallpaper, is anyone else seeing the same or could someone upload the wallpaper I am referring to?

Thanks.
HTC Wizard -> HTC Herald-> Nokia E71-> HTC Hero -> HTC Desire -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nexus 4 --> HTC One
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 -> Nexus 10 -> iPad AIr

davebugyi
Old
Thanks Meter 394

DONATE TO ME
Yes, it's not there. I still have the old 5.5 ROM backup tough (I used it to restore old Notification sounds) so if you can tell me the name, I can upload it for you.
HTC One (M7) Root | S-OFF | InsertCoin | Kangaroo kernel

My Music - http://soundcloud.com/davebugyi
My Photos - http://500px.com/davebugyi

s4vva
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebugyi View Post
Yes, it's not there. I still have the old 5.5 ROM backup tough (I used it to restore old Notification sounds) so if you can tell me the name, I can upload it for you.
that is very kind of you. I really can't remember, i know it was in the HTC Live Wallpapers, maybe had the word album or gallery in the title? Why would they remove it, I thought it was excellent...
HTC Wizard -> HTC Herald-> Nokia E71-> HTC Hero -> HTC Desire -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> Nexus 4 --> HTC One

davebugyi
Old
Thanks Meter 394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4vva View Post
that is very kind of you. I really can't remember, i know it was in the HTC Live Wallpapers, maybe had the word album or gallery in the title? Why would they remove it, I thought it was excellent...
It is called HTCImageWallpaper.apk - unfortunately it does not work with Sense 6. Probably missing some other resources, so it needs porting.
But just in case, there is the .apk - it can not be installed, bust be placed manually to /system/priv-app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-51.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	2755523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-21-15-29-34.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	2755524  
Attached Files
File Type: apk HtcImageWallpaper.apk - [Click for QR Code] (721.7 KB, 24 views)
HTC One (M7) Root | S-OFF | InsertCoin | Kangaroo kernel

My Music - http://soundcloud.com/davebugyi
My Photos - http://500px.com/davebugyi

s4vva
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebugyi View Post
It is called HTCImageWallpaper.apk - unfortunately it does not work with Sense 6. Probably missing some other resources, so it needs porting.
But just in case, there is the .apk - it can not be installed, bust be placed manually to /system/priv-app
Thanks for the apk. It sucks that it doesn't work, I wouldn't know how to port it so I'm off to play store to find an alternative

NZLion
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Did you find a good alternative? From what I can see, it looks like most of the play store options have some kind of fatal flaw

s4vva
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZLion View Post
Did you find a good alternative? From what I can see, it looks like most of the play store options have some kind of fatal flaw
No I didn't find anything worthwhile. It's a shame I really like that LWP.

djakrse
Old
(Last edited by djakrse; 24th June 2014 at 08:28 PM.) Reason: forgot a quote in link
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4vva View Post
No I didn't find anything worthwhile. It's a shame I really like that LWP.
What features did the HTC one have that put it in such high favor? I've been looking for a good slideshow WP app for a while. These are the best I've found:

Landscape Wallpaper - Good settings. Separate WP for lockscreen. Offers wallpaper scrolling, if desired (good when launcher doesn't support.) Can't choose to update on wake (only time limit), however seems to update on wake after timespan has elapsed.

Wallpaper Changer - Best options for gallery selection. Let's you choose and save custom albums, mixed of folders and individual pics. Can't modify albums. Seems quirky.

MultiPicture Live Wallpaper - Simple, works great. Can set to update with screen awake or even double tap. Supports web albums.

NZLion
Old
(Last edited by NZLion; 24th June 2014 at 08:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djakrse View Post
What features did the HTC one have that put it in such high favor? I've been looking for a good slideshow WP app for a while.
What I liked was the slow pan across each wallpaper before it faded to the next one.
I had a set of wallpapers with the same colours but different designs and it would switch to one, pan across, then fade to the next and pan across... I think the choice of panning left or right was random. It was just a nice behaviour that wasn't distracting but added a little interest, and the fade meant there was no jarring switch from one wallpaper to the next. Also it seemed to have no effect on battery usage,