[Q] may have bricked my nc1

OP cbrewington75

24th June 2014, 12:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
denton,tx
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
More
Ok so I had a nc1.. used towel root,rf, and safe strap.made a backup and tried flashing gravitron... now I'm in a nonstop bootloop or I'm at the warning custom o's found.... can any one tell me where to start to fix? Currently downloading Odin to try and flash a stock image if it has?
24th June 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 650

1,305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrewington75

Ok so I had a nc1.. used towel root,rf, and safe strap.made a backup and tried flashing gravitron... now I'm in a nonstop bootloop or I'm at the warning custom o's found.... can any one tell me where to start to fix? Currently downloading Odin to try and flash a stock image if it has?

Do you still get the Safestrap splash screen on boot? If so you can just restore or reflash. Otherwise, you'll need to use the NB1 Odin and take the NC1 OTA.

Before you flash again, make sure you wipe in Safestrap (all but external SD) and check your ROM. Make sure it doesn't need an updater-script in the All Things MK2 & NB1 thread and for gravitron specifically download the Safestrap version of it.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE
24th June 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
denton,tx
Thanks Meter: 1

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9

Do you still get the Safestrap splash screen on boot? If so you can just restore or reflash. Otherwise, you'll need to use the NB1 Odin and take the NC1 OTA.

Before you flash again, make sure you wipe in Safestrap (all but external SD) and check your ROM. Make sure it doesn't need an updater-script in the All Things MK2 & NB1 thread and for gravitron specifically download the Safestrap version of it.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE

man this has taken all day....
1. basically i did make a intial backup with safstrap in slot 1 cause thats all i could use.
i flashed gravitron the att version but i guess there is a kernal mod i need to be flashing after.

needless to say i finally got into odin and got a tar. file for a fully rootable 4.4.2

ive flashed since my evo....this new safstrap especially anything to do with flashing, do i have a recovery or no, can i even flash right now or is it just to freeze things in TB??
so much stuff on xda.....yes i used search ...thats why im back to a normal phone....but geeze man
Thanks for the help
24th June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Louis missouri
Thanks Meter: 153

580 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrewington75

man this has taken all day....
1. basically i did make a intial backup with safstrap in slot 1 cause thats all i could use.
i flashed gravitron the att version but i guess there is a kernal mod i need to be flashing after.

needless to say i finally got into odin and got a tar. file for a fully rootable 4.4.2

ive flashed since my evo....this new safstrap especially anything to do with flashing, do i have a recovery or no, can i even flash right now or is it just to freeze things in TB??
so much stuff on xda.....yes i used search ...thats why im back to a normal phone....but geeze man
Thanks for the help

Man i did the same thing when i first got this phone 3 weeks ago . i read a lot a first but i was so used to a phone without a locked boot loader. if you ahev any ?'s feel free to ask away . Im willing to help out .. i learned a ton since 3 weeks ago .. especially after bricking twice . If you have to use safetstrap then after falshing a rom do not reboot . flash the approiate kernel modules and Su if it calls for it in the install instructions.. Good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread