Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,983 Members 46,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CVE-2014-0973 Possible Bootloader Unlock???

Tip us?

dmc2359
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Default CVE-2014-0973 Possible Bootloader Unlock???

CVE-2014-0973

https://www.codeaurora.org/projects/...tication-leads

Is this going to be of any benefit to us?

LiLPurP
Old
Thanks Meter 47
According to NighthawkXL it may benifit us, he says it looks good on paper, but implementing the exploit tk a device is a different ball game, i beleive it will help acheive an exploit for the samsung bootloader, but only time will tell

AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 MK2 rooted with saferoot, safestrap recovery installed, Running Hyperdrive ROM, Praying for unlocked bootloader lol
The Following User Says Thank You to LiLPurP For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NighthawkXL
Old
Thanks Meter 212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLPurP View Post
According to NighthawkXL it may benifit us, he says it looks good on paper, but implementing the exploit tk a device is a different ball game, i beleive it will help acheive an exploit for the samsung bootloader, but only time will tell

AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 MK2 rooted with saferoot, safestrap recovery installed, Running Hyperdrive ROM, Praying for unlocked bootloader lol
Do take my statement with a grain of salt however. It'll probably be a few days before Surge & Co. make any statements regarding this exploit. The big question though is if this is Dan Rosenberg's TrustZone kernel exploit that he'll be showing off at Blackhat in August or if this something else in the code for LittleKernel.
My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
  • ROM - Purified [4.4.2]
  • Baseband - MK2 (MLD)
  • Root - Yes
  • Recovery - SafeStrap 3.72
----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my help? Feel free to help feed this broke college student.
The Following User Says Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiLPurP
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I have been wondering that since i first saw it, guess we will have to wait and see, has anyone asked him about it, or has he commented at all on the subject?

NighthawkXL
Old
Thanks Meter 212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLPurP View Post
Has anyone asked him about it, or has he commented at all on the subject?
I doubt it, and even so he'll likely decline to comment. He and XDA have had fallout of sorts...
My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)
  • ROM - Purified [4.4.2]
  • Baseband - MK2 (MLD)
  • Root - Yes
  • Recovery - SafeStrap 3.72
----------------------------------------------------------
Enjoying my help? Feel free to help feed this broke college student.
The Following User Says Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiLPurP
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Thats is quite unfortunate, ive hear ppl say the same, but im not to sure what happened, would love to kno if u have time to pm me, but either way he is a great dev, and hopefully this is a great find

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3366

DONATE TO ME
Something might get an unlock from this but not likely to be a Sammy device. Ryanbg, jeboo and myself all looked into it before finding out from a couple of highly reliable sources that Samsung devices aren't effected, including ralekdev (he also was the one who reported it).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmc2359
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Something might get an unlock from this but not likely to be a Sammy device. Ryanbg, jeboo and myself all looked into it before finding out from a couple of highly reliable sources that Samsung devices aren't effected, including ralekdev (he also was the one who reported it).
Figured it was too good to be true. Looking forward to Blackhat and the things that might come from it. Thanks Surge and keep up the good work!!!!

LiLPurP
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Anyone heard if development for the Kexec moduel on the s4 has made any progress?