Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,299 Members 47,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] RK Noter - save excerpts from documents to your SD card

Tip us?

richardkemp
Old
(Last edited by richardkemp; 25th June 2014 at 01:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [APP] RK Noter - save excerpts from documents to your SD card

Here is a little app I've been writing which I think will be useful for eReader users. It adds an entry in the share menu when you share some text, and it saves what you shared to your SD card in a folder you can specify. You can also set a divider (or no divider) to separate the notes you've saved. The file name is set to be either the 'subject' of the share intent (e.g. the name of the file/book you were viewing), or the name of the app which you shared from if it doesn't provide a subject field.

To do:
- Note headers e.g. time and date
- Optional editing/selection of note file and optional editing of note content prior to saving (current insta-save is nice but more options are also nice!)
- Implement a folder browser instead of typing in manually
- Preview of note dividers
- ??

Let me know if you have any suggestions or requests for additional features.
Downloads here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/63k32it3d7mdt/RK_Noter

P.S. If your regular reader apps don't have an option to select and share text, my recommendations are Orion Viewer for PDF/djvu, and EBook Reader by Rabbit for most anything else. I would recommend AI Reader which I really like, but it has a few more steps involved to share text, and it provides a really over-helpful subject string, complete with the time the text was shared, thus a new file is generated each time...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardkemp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richardkemp
Old
(Last edited by richardkemp; 24th June 2014 at 10:03 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
...reserved? Accidental post actually, can be deleted!
Tags
app, note, save, share intent