Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 41,522 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated m.o.j.o and found screensaver

Tip us?

PHYSC-1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Smile Updated m.o.j.o and found screensaver

On recently updating the mad catz m.o.j.o to the 202 firmware which thanks to users here i managed to read about in a forum post and update it,i have stumbled on something intersting wether or not it is simply a screensaver is unknown or does it maybe hold a way to go up to another firmware with key presses?

Here it is:Go to settings then to about m.o.j.o then hang over the android version 4.2.2 words with the mouse cursor and press on it repeatedly until a jelly bean appears,then hold click on the jelly bean and voila a screensaver appears full of floating jelly beans all over the screen which you can interact with tossing them around and off screen,they will reappear,i haven't looked at this firmware yet so maybe it is just the standard screensaver they might have aded in sleep mode?

But it's interesting it is there via using the method mentioned above,i assume it is something i have found?
The Following User Says Thank You to PHYSC-1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gwaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHYSC-1 View Post
Here it is:Go to settings then to about m.o.j.o then hang over the android version 4.2.2 words with the mouse cursor and press on it repeatedly until a jelly bean appears,then hold click on the jelly bean and voila a screensaver appears full of floating jelly beans all over the screen which you can interact with tossing them around and off screen,they will reappear,i haven't looked at this firmware yet so maybe it is just the standard screensaver they might have aded in sleep mode?

But it's interesting it is there via using the method mentioned above,i assume it is something i have found?
Interesting, nearly the same as:
<Mojo> Settings -> About M.O.J.O. --> Build number ==> click 8 times, Developer options will appear in Settings

I don't think there's much there, I think it's just androids secret shortcuts.. but nothing really important would be there.

PHYSC-1
Old
(Last edited by PHYSC-1; 10th May 2014 at 07:04 PM.) Reason: additions
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
Interesting, nearly the same as:
<Mojo> Settings -> About M.O.J.O. --> Build number ==> click 8 times, Developer options will appear in Settings

I don't think there's much there, I think it's just androids secret shortcuts.. but nothing really important would be there.
It does beg the question though can anyone find any more of these secret shortcuts and do any of them do anything special? eg.unlock a backup/restore/zip loading menu for the recovery menu i found prior,or anything in regards to secret menus within the os it self?

I mean if it can ota update the firmware i wonder if there is a hidden firmware mnu shortcut key combination inside the os?

zektor
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Nice Easter Eggs! I recall the Developer egg...but forgot about that. Thanks for the memory refresh. The Jellybean screensaver is really cool!

PHYSC-1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
Nice Easter Eggs! I recall the Developer egg...but forgot about that. Thanks for the memory refresh. The Jellybean screensaver is really cool!
Your more than welcome mate.

Aerofreak360
Old
Thanks Meter 5
these are fairly standard android tricks guys, sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerofreak360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]