Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[help] Root Razr HD XT926 - Android 4.4.2

7th June 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I'm trying to do the root on my phone and so far I've succeeded, if can help me I will be grateful. I tried the tutorial shown below but in last version 1.4, the WindowsUtility do not have the option to make the root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474393

My device: Motorola Razr HD XT926
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.42-ga67e2c4
Last edited by Anderson7805; 7th June 2014 at 05:51 AM.
7th June 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 526
 
1,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson7805

I'm trying to do the root on my phone and so far I've succeeded, if can help me I will be grateful. I tried the tutorial shown below but in last version 1.4, the WindowsUtility do not have the option to make the root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474393

My device: Motorola Razr HD XT926
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.42-ga67e2c4

You can only root the XT926 if you've unlocked the bootloader, and the bootloader was only ever unlockable while it was on 4.1 Jellybean. If you didn't unlock the bootloader when it was on JB, you're SOL. Sorry.
8th June 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

You can only root the XT926 if you've unlocked the bootloader, and the bootloader was only ever unlockable while it was on 4.1 Jellybean. If you didn't unlock the bootloader when it was on JB, you're SOL. Sorry.

Is there any way to get back to version 4.1 of the andoid?
8th June 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #4  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 526
 
1,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson7805

Is there any way to get back to version 4.1 of the andoid?

Nope.
16th June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Phone rooting xt926 running 4.4.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson7805

I'm trying to do the root on my phone and so far I've succeeded, if can help me I will be grateful. I tried the tutorial shown below but in last version 1.4, the WindowsUtility do not have the option to make the root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474393

My device: Motorola Razr HD XT926
Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.42-ga67e2c4

please try this http://towelroot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3JO...em-subs_digest

hope it will help
The Following User Says Thank You to chalo4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalo4

please try this http://towelroot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3JO...em-subs_digest

hope it will help

It worked, thank you!
24th June 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #7  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 526
 
1,469 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
That's awesome that Towelroot works on this phone. Almost makes me wish I kept mine and stayed with Verizon. Almost. Well, not almost. In fact, not at all. F#$@ Verizon! I do wish T-Mobile had a phone like these though. The huge battery on my MAXX was what kept me connected to friends and family when I had an unscheduled overnight stay in the hospital (I got jumped and stabbed) without a charger.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes