Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

failing odin trying to go back to stock rom.

Tip us?

sah0724
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default failing odin trying to go back to stock rom.

failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?

daniel4653
Old
Thanks Meter 2,643
You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Team Kernelizers: Making the best out of your phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sah0724
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653 View Post
You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
don't know what nae tar means, I will do that now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sah0724 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sah0724
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.

cyberweasal
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?
try here. there is a stock version in the list. also try disconnecting the phone at the end when Odin wants says done and goes to reboot and manually rebooting. sometimes it helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303917
CyBeRWeaSaL

Sprint Galaxy s4
running Negalite WondeROM X
KT-SGS4 KitKat kernel

"Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7,470

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.
You will need to go into recovery mode and do a data wipe to resolve.
I learned this one the hard way but the jump from 4.2 to 4.4 seems too wide to do by Odin in a single flash.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Donations: Please click on the "Donate to Me" on the left to donate to my Extra Life 2014 campaign.
All proceeds go to the Lurie Children's Hospital in downtown Chicago.

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)