Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more
Post Reply

failing odin trying to go back to stock rom.

OP sah0724

21st June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?
21st June 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #2  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,670
 
8,310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

don't know what nae tar means, I will do that now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sah0724 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.
22nd June 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #5  
cyberweasal's Avatar
Member
Flag Dover, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 6
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724

failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?

try here. there is a stock version in the list. also try disconnecting the phone at the end when Odin wants says done and goes to reboot and manually rebooting. sometimes it helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303917
24th June 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
garwynn's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,592
 
4,695 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724

just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.

You will need to go into recovery mode and do a data wipe to resolve.
I learned this one the hard way but the jump from 4.2 to 4.4 seems too wide to do by Odin in a single flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes