Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

failing odin trying to go back to stock rom.

OP sah0724

21st June 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

212 posts
failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?
21st June 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,742

8,462 posts
More
You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

212 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

You CANNOT go back to an older version on android via ODIN. This has been covered countless times. Grab NAE tar and flash it via odin. There is a thread in development section with the download link that is on the first page. Since you say you cannot find it.means that you have not searched.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

don't know what nae tar means, I will do that now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sah0724 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

212 posts
just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.
23rd June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #5  
Flag Dover, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 7

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724

failing odin 1.85 and 3.07, flashing the stock 4.2 rom and it's failing, I don't see a stock 4.4.2 rom for sprint online so I'm using this one. It's failing odin, what needs to be done?

try here. there is a stock version in the list. also try disconnecting the phone at the end when Odin wants says done and goes to reboot and manually rebooting. sometimes it helps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2303917
24th June 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 7,844

4,792 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724

just flashed, getting many acore process stopped errors, keeps on coming up can't get a clean flash, it's flashing over the old rom.

You will need to go into recovery mode and do a data wipe to resolve.
I learned this one the hard way but the jump from 4.2 to 4.4 seems too wide to do by Odin in a single flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread