Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help

Tip us?

sujith1994
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Question [Q] need help

hello guys,

its been about 2 years since i touched my galaxy s advance . unfortunatly i dropped my nexus 4 from 3 stories and its dead . and my back up is s advance so i want to upgrade software its been awhile so i dont know what to do anymore. but for now its running co-core 7 and the rom is aosp vanilla(4.1.2) i guess it is running twrp 2.6.0.0 so i saw new kitkat roms but iam wondering if i need to use 2.7.0.0 twrp inorder to do that and please tell me how if i have to do it and please suggest me active development rom running kitkat and active dev kernel thx in advance.

or if possible refer me to a link please explain me in detail as it isnt nexus to do stuff easy.
processor[/U]>amd a10 7850k gpu> gigabyte R9280X mainboard>ASRock800GM-LE FX ram>ripjawsx 8gb kit cooler>coolermaster v6gt hdd>1.5tb seagate hybrid

NEXUS4>> PA4>> ANDROID4.4

rog_star
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sujith1994 View Post
hello guys,

its been about 2 years since i touched my galaxy s advance . unfortunatly i dropped my nexus 4 from 3 stories and its dead . and my back up is s advance so i want to upgrade software its been awhile so i dont know what to do anymore. but for now its running co-core 7 and the rom is aosp vanilla(4.1.2) i guess it is running twrp 2.6.0.0 so i saw new kitkat roms but iam wondering if i need to use 2.7.0.0 twrp inorder to do that and please tell me how if i have to do it and please suggest me active development rom running kitkat and active dev kernel thx in advance.

or if possible refer me to a link please explain me in detail as it isnt nexus to do stuff easy.
SGSA has no seperate recovery. The recovery is in the same partition as the kernel. So you can't replace recovery without replacing kernel.
But you can try to install a custom rom from TWRP 2.6.0.0.
If you want to have TWRP 2.7.1.0 install universal kernel flasher, flash slimkats kernel and reboot to recovery.
But then you have to install a rom because your JB system won't start with a KK kernel.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
ROM: Slimkat
Baseband: XXLQL
Launcher: Nova Prime
GApps: Slim_mini_gapps