Ask a question

No registration required

Stock Recovery

OP ILowry282

24th June 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

186 posts
I wanted to return my M8 to stock recovery. I found the img file and flashed it. Just to test it out, I booted into fast boot and selected recovery. It brought me to a screen that had the phone with a red triangle and exclamation point. The only way to get out of it was to hold power and volume up. Is this the correct stock recovery?
24th June 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 47

238 posts
More
Yes it is.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
24th June 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 419

1,168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282

I wanted to return my M8 to stock recovery. I found the img file and flashed it. Just to test it out, I booted into fast boot and selected recovery. It brought me to a screen that had the phone with a red triangle and exclamation point. The only way to get out of it was to hold power and volume up. Is this the correct stock recovery?

Just holding volume up + power button eventually restarts the phone. To get into the recovery just hold volume up and TAP power button, it'll then take you into recovery menu. From there you can reboot device anyways as there really isn't all that much to do with stock recovery. But yeah, you have the right one there then.
24th June 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

186 posts
Ok. Thanks. I returned to stock because after I rooted I found that I didn't want to change much. Instead of staying rooted, I reverted back to stock so I can get future OTA's.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread