Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,329 Members 39,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Recovery

Tip us?

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Stock Recovery

I wanted to return my M8 to stock recovery. I found the img file and flashed it. Just to test it out, I booted into fast boot and selected recovery. It brought me to a screen that had the phone with a red triangle and exclamation point. The only way to get out of it was to hold power and volume up. Is this the correct stock recovery?

Sevinex
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Yes it is.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILowry282 View Post
I wanted to return my M8 to stock recovery. I found the img file and flashed it. Just to test it out, I booted into fast boot and selected recovery. It brought me to a screen that had the phone with a red triangle and exclamation point. The only way to get out of it was to hold power and volume up. Is this the correct stock recovery?
Just holding volume up + power button eventually restarts the phone. To get into the recovery just hold volume up and TAP power button, it'll then take you into recovery menu. From there you can reboot device anyways as there really isn't all that much to do with stock recovery. But yeah, you have the right one there then.

ILowry282
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok. Thanks. I returned to stock because after I rooted I found that I didn't want to change much. Instead of staying rooted, I reverted back to stock so I can get future OTA's.