Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note 3 Neo 4.4 kitkat update

Tip us?
 
peRFect!
Old
#31  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
Quote:
Originally Posted by omorofos View Post
Though I earnestly need the update, but left for me this Note is very fine as it is . or did anyone nosoee any issue?
I'm really happy with 4.3 as it is.. what people don't understand is that updates can be a double edged weapon, on one hand it gives us newer version of android & some new features, but on the other hand it might affect the performance & especially battery life negatively!
i feel almost all the phones are best optimised with the initial android version out of the box!

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
omorofos
Old
#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
I'm really happy with 4.3 as it is.. what people don't understand is that updates can be a double edged weapon, on one hand it gives us newer version of android & some new features, but on the other hand it might affect the performance & especially battery life negatively!
i feel almost all the phones are best optimised with the initial android version out of the box!
This is THE BITTER TRUTH MOST ANDROID USERS DON'T KNOW
We only update JUST TO FEEL CURRENT
 
filthykid
Old
#33  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by peRFect! View Post
I'm really happy with 4.3 as it is.. what people don't understand is that updates can be a double edged weapon, on one hand it gives us newer version of android & some new features, but on the other hand it might affect the performance & especially battery life negatively!
i feel almost all the phones are best optimised with the initial android version out of the box!


SPOT ON. This is why I started hating my Nexus. With the regular updates, it KILLED my phone's battery life.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo - SM-N7505 (Bought: 09-June-2014) [Loving it]
Google Nexus 4 (Bought: 03-Dec-2012)
[Nothing short of nightmare. Kind of slow poison]
 
peRFect!
Old
#34  
peRFect!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: India
@omorofos & @filthykid - yeah.. seriously speaking why would I update my phone considering facts like how stable & smooth the stock f/w is, and the biggest plus point is I easily get 7 hrs SOT with 36 hrs of usage with 3G/wifi always on (unrooted).. people are just too hopeful that newer android versions will bring major overhauls which honestly speaking isn't the truth!

PHONES-
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo (running Stock 4.3 rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (running Spirit Rom)
TABLET-
Apple iPad Air (running iOS 7 with Jailbreak)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 3G (running Stock 4.1.2 rooted)
 
omorofos
Old
(Last edited by omorofos; 24th June 2014 at 02:19 PM.)
#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
SPOT ON. This is why I started hating my Nexus. With the regular updates, it KILLED my phone's battery life.
Therefore, until processor speed, ram size and battery life are no longer issues on smart devices, every update MAY Continue to be a challenge on performance and battery life.

The good news is that I'm almost Through on the Research of how to manage your battery, data and maintain efficiency which I will soon post. It does not require root.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-11-05-27-47.png
Views:	333
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	2815078  
The Following User Says Thank You to omorofos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
filthykid
Old
#36  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
How can this be.. u have used ur phone, I can so see that...fb etc and yet battery is still at 100%. Unbelievable

Sent from my SM-N7505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo - SM-N7505 (Bought: 09-June-2014) [Loving it]
Google Nexus 4 (Bought: 03-Dec-2012)
[Nothing short of nightmare. Kind of slow poison]
The Following User Says Thank You to filthykid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
fahad5596
Old
#37  
fahad5596's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by omorofos View Post
Therefore, until processor speed, ram size and battery life are no longer issues on smart devices, every update MAY Continue to be a challenge on performance and battery life.

The good news is that I'm almost Through on the Research of how to manage your battery, data and maintain efficiency which I will soon post. It does not require root.
Yeah how??? [emoji43]

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk
 
omorofos
Old
#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad5596 View Post
Yeah how??? [emoji43]

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk
I'm taking my time Cos I want to ensure everything is up to 99.99% perfect
 
fahad5596
Old
#39  
fahad5596's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by omorofos View Post
I'm taking my time Cos I want to ensure everything is up to 99.99% perfect
Till when it will be ready???

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes