Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 42,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Note Pro stock Samsung keyboard

Tip us?
 
MLodyXX
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Galaxy Note Pro stock Samsung keyboard

HI,
I recently reinstalled stock rom on my p905 and after that my Samsung keyboard force closes. Could someone help me reinstall it? I have custom recovery. Is it possible to install it through apk or by flashing zip? Could someone point me where to find it?

I would be greatfull for help
 
ddavtian
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 110
Posts: 460
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721077
The Following User Says Thank You to ddavtian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MLodyXX
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavtian View Post
Sorry Sir, but I made everything that is written here and checked 3 times,still it doesn't work. I even tried to load Note 10.1 keyboard and It doesn't work also.

I can add that I had problem with reinstalling stock rom. At the end it showed "odin: invalid ext4 image". I tried to load rom from different site it was the same. I also tried to load rom from different region, same. System didn't star at first, but after loading CF autoroot it started. Can it be connected? System works flawless, the only problem is keyboard. I really like stock samsung keyboard and would like to keep it.

Does someone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate help.

Thank You.
 
digichris
Old
#4  
digichris's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Outer Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLodyXX View Post
Sorry Sir, but I made everything that is written here and checked 3 times,still it doesn't work. I even tried to load Note 10.1 keyboard and It doesn't work also.

I can add that I had problem with reinstalling stock rom. At the end it showed "odin: invalid ext4 image". I tried to load rom from different site it was the same. I also tried to load rom from different region, same. System didn't star at first, but after loading CF autoroot it started. Can it be connected? System works flawless, the only problem is keyboard. I really like stock samsung keyboard and would like to keep it.

Does someone have any ideas?

I would really appreciate help.

Thank You.
Did you try updating the Samsung drivers in Kies3.0? Maybe try that if you havent, then re-odin.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to digichris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MLodyXX
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by digichris View Post
Did you try updating the Samsung drivers in Kies3.0? Maybe try that if you havent, then re-odin.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
THank You for Your reply.

I tried to reinstall drivers in kies before reflashing in odin... didn't change a thing...

Do You have any other ideas?
 
muzzy996
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 178
Posts: 773
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Safe to assume you did a factory reset after reinstalling the stock ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy996 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MLodyXX
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996 View Post
Safe to assume you did a factory reset after reinstalling the stock ROM?
Sure full wipe, dalvik, sd everything...
 
digichris
Old
#8  
digichris's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Outer Space
Md5 check the files you are flashing to make sure they aren't corrupt...thats all I got for ya on this issue

Good Luck!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to digichris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MLodyXX
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by digichris View Post
Md5 check the files you are flashing to make sure they aren't corrupt...thats all I got for ya on this issue

Good Luck!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Checked...
 
MLodyXX
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Mar 2011
I have found the cause of my problems. I'm writting it here maybe it will help someone.

Some stock roms for p905 that can be found on sammobile and samsung firmware sites have issues. I have chacked polish and british roms and they have "odin: invalid ext4 image" error (the consequence of it is samsung keybord not working, force closes), Now I have installed rom from greece, it's flawless

Thank You for Your help.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes