Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life please help!!!!!

Tip us?
 
swordjamie
Old
#1  
swordjamie's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: merriville
Default Battery life please help!!!!!

I need to know what would be the best kernel for battery life wise my phone dies every 4-5 hours I'm on CyanogenMod 10.2 running the valuminatti( I know I spelled it wrong) ROM I'm using a FL24 ICS kernel
PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app
 
IamFlynn
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 325
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordjamie View Post
I need to know what would be the best kernel for battery life wise my phone dies every 4-5 hours I'm on CyanogenMod 10.2 running the valuminatti( I know I spelled it wrong) ROM I'm using a FL24 ICS kernel
PLEASE HELP

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app
To diagnose, flash back to stock GB27 or if you want root, flash back to stock rooted GB27.

After that, install all your apps like normal and wait a few days to see it battery life gets any better.

If it doesn't, I assume you have a bad battery. I know from experience. My stock samsung battery died even faster than that on all roms I tried and finally I had to replace it.

Let me know what happens! Good luck!
 
swordjamie
Old
#3  
swordjamie's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: merriville
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFlynn View Post
To diagnose, flash back to stock GB27 or if you want root, flash back to stock rooted GB27.

After that, install all your apps like normal and wait a few days to see it battery life gets any better.

If it doesn't, I assume you have a bad battery. I know from experience. My stock samsung battery died even faster than that on all roms I tried and finally I had to replace it.

Let me know what happens! Good luck!
In really not looking to go back to stock I love this rom is just this kernel kills my battery is there a different one I can flash to make it better

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app
 
bigmike6200
Old
#4  
bigmike6200's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,598
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vallejo
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordjamie View Post
In really not looking to go back to stock I love this rom is just this kernel kills my battery is there a different one I can flash to make it better

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app
Try the Blasphmey or Lighting Zap kernels.
 
swordjamie
Old
#5  
swordjamie's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: merriville
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6200 View Post
Try the Blasphmey or Lighting Zap kernels.
Can u post the links

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Free mobile app
 
bigmike6200
Old
#6  
bigmike6200's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 1,598
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Vallejo
Look under original development. Revolt ROM has the Blasphemy kernel built in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
invaderyugi
Old
(Last edited by invaderyugi; 25th June 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, WI
Default summa ofhheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6200 View Post
Look under original development. Revolt ROM has the Blasphemy kernel built in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Chrome wouldnt let me download Revolt, said it was malicous (Hasnt done it for any other rom) but might just be my chrome being difficult. Anything FLxx based was giving me crap for battery life at best. I test with GB as earlier suggested and that was fine. Right now im running The Blu Kuban with the EL29 baseband, and thats been treating me good. I can easily pull a days usage on it.

Now i have a question. The Blu Kuban is 4.0.4 and its thread says its FL24 based. Why then did EL29 baseband from the GB Rom i had previously stick??

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes