No registration required

[Q] battery life drains, phone shuts off, no data

OP jtimko

2nd June 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Fairfield
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello everyone! I currently own a SPH-D710 Cyanogenmod 10.2 3-30 nighty build. Kernel 3.0.64-CM-gb4c422f. I have used all of Dastins Villumaniti builds, but currently went back to Cyanogenmod 10.2.

My issue since changing ROMs besides horrible battery life (I know that seems to be a given for a lot of people), is that a majority of the time, it'll drop to 75% (sometimes in an hour, sometimes in 40 mins) and then it'll turn off. When you turn it back on, you receive a message about the battery being critically low, and shuts off. When I return home to plug it back in, it shows it charging at 76%. It doesn't necessarily always happen at 75%, usually in the range of 55%-75%, and doesn't happen EVERY time. But a good day for me, is about 4-6 hrs, and that's not using it much.

I've noticed a lot of time I don't have any data at all. I will switch to airplane mode, and then turn off airplane mode, and nothing, so I restart the phone to receive the same critical battery message.

I have tried multiple builds of CM10+ and CM11.1, I have tried new batteries, I have done clean installs, etc. Is there any possible solution around this, or is this just typical of our phones? Is there a kernel recommended (I always stick with whatever comes with the Rom, whether Dastins or CMod site). Any advice would be appreciated!
25th June 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus, WI
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtimko

Hello everyone! I currently own a SPH-D710 Cyanogenmod 10.2 3-30 nighty build. Kernel 3.0.64-CM-gb4c422f. I have used all of Dastins Villumaniti builds, but currently went back to Cyanogenmod 10.2.

My issue since changing ROMs besides horrible battery life (I know that seems to be a given for a lot of people), is that a majority of the time, it'll drop to 75% (sometimes in an hour, sometimes in 40 mins) and then it'll turn off. When you turn it back on, you receive a message about the battery being critically low, and shuts off. When I return home to plug it back in, it shows it charging at 76%. It doesn't necessarily always happen at 75%, usually in the range of 55%-75%, and doesn't happen EVERY time. But a good day for me, is about 4-6 hrs, and that's not using it much.

I've noticed a lot of time I don't have any data at all. I will switch to airplane mode, and then turn off airplane mode, and nothing, so I restart the phone to receive the same critical battery message.

I have tried multiple builds of CM10+ and CM11.1, I have tried new batteries, I have done clean installs, etc. Is there any possible solution around this, or is this just typical of our phones? Is there a kernel recommended (I always stick with whatever comes with the Rom, whether Dastins or CMod site). Any advice would be appreciated!

It seems pretty typical for our phones, however yours seems worse than normal. I usually drop signal for a few moments and battery life is utter crap. I was lucky to get 4 hours with a 3800 mAh EXTENDED BATTERY! Did some research and it looks like any rom based on FL.XX doesnt like letting our phones hit deep sleep. Anything GB works great.
Since GB and Stock both suck, the combination is toxic. I ended up using EpIc VeNuM's GB rom, and then flashed to The Blu Kuban. The Blu Kuban is FL24 Based ICS, but somehow the EL29 base from EpicVenums stuck. Not sure why it did, but im not complaining. Finally, I can play Clash of Clans again AND have decent battery life! lol of course i fixed it a month before my upgrade...
As for the battery thinking its dead yet having 75% left, it probably just needs to be calibrated. I had similair problems and calibration fixed it. Here is a good tutorial on how to calibrate you battery. One thing though: After you use the app to calibrate your battery, turn your phone off. Leave the battery out for at least 90 seconds. Why? Check this... Not sure which is better so why not do both right?

Let me know how it goes. Im no pro but I'll still try
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread