Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA (Harman) 1.54.654.13 just came in on my phone

Tip us?

the drugstore
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This update hasn't fixed my network issues, people will call me and my phone never rings and about 15 minutes later I get a voicemail notification??

Sent from my HTC M8 Harmon Kardon edition
Using Galaxy SIII...Running Stock 4.1.1

AarSyl
Old
Thanks Meter 728
Are you referring to the .13 update or the .15 update?

For me, it seems like the audio feedback from callers is louder on my end. Data connections seem the same. LTE is becoming more stable,and 3g has not failed me as yet.

mobilecj
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drugstore View Post
This update hasn't fixed my network issues, people will call me and my phone never rings and about 15 minutes later I get a voicemail notification??

Have them send some refreshes to ur phone goto WiFi and update prl and profile and try. It's worked for me but have them open up tickets if it doesn't and they will fix asap.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device: Sprint HTC ONE M8 - Rooted: BadSeed's Tranquil v2 ROM for Sprint
Old Device: Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Rooted: MB 3.09, Unlocked AT&T HTC One on MetroPCS
Retired: Sprint HTC EVO 3D,Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Sprint Touch PRO2, Sprint Mogul

the drugstore
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilecj View Post
Have them send some refreshes to ur phone goto WiFi and update prl and profile and try. It's worked for me but have them open up tickets if it doesn't and they will fix asap.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks I did what you said, after the profile update my phone rebooted? I hope this does the trick

Using Galaxy SIII...Running Stock 4.1.1

slimbrady
Old
(Last edited by slimbrady; 24th June 2014 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyymiles View Post
I'm so stupid. This whole time I was under the impression this was an OTA someone was saying they recieved to enable the H/K software... no wonder it says no software updates available. So at first I was under the impression all Sprint, at least, M8s had the same hardware as these recently announced Special Edition M8's for Sprint minus a jet black coat and some gold trim. Now I'm understanding that we may have in fact the same hardware with respect to the H/K speakers however, the firmwares are still, at least for the now, seperate. Wow... yeah glad I 'know' about root and all that :P haha Damn guess I'll be breaking away from the Stock Rom after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
And those 3 would be flat out wrong....per Jason Dunn there is zero hardware difference between the regular M8 and HK one aside from color combo....

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
This seems to be the stance of Sprint on the Regular M8. I pulled this from Sprint's forums:

"I just received some more specific details about the Harman Kardon edition HTC One M8.

The Clari-Fi and LiveStage software does not exist in the original M8 ROM.
There is no MR coming for the original M8 (at least not at this time that we know of) to add HK features to the original M8. Because...
The speakers are NOT the same on the original M8 as the HK M8. Harman engineers spent time with the device and hardware during production. The Harman-Kardon website specifically mentions the speakers as Harman tuned on the M8 HK.

I hope this helps answer your questions about the HTC One (M8) devices.

sprintemployee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzled View Post
Even better would be a tear-down of both editions.

Just simply listening for differences might not be enough as there could be manufacturing oddities. Similar to how the same phone produced in different factories have different LCDs.

Anyone want to tear a few of these bad boys down?

There's a post form a sprint technician who is a member of these forums (may be able to track it down, gimme a few on that) where he did exactly that....his friend had a busted m8 and he had the HK version and he did a side by side comparison of them with the casing removed. The only difference he could see was that the parts had different styles of serial numbers on them and the HK appears to use a better class of adhesive to keep the case together. The hardware parts themselves were identical...to his eye anyway. Granted it IS coming from a Sprint employee but I tend to believe them when they're not officially on the clock =P

EDIT: Found the post and they may not even work directly for Sprint (so less likely to lie about IMO) but here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dincdoes.me View Post
I work as a repair tech opened my hk today and looked at my buddies reg gun metal becuaee he chucked his at a tv they are the same besides some identification numbers on parts the info HTC sent me in email states the same they hard the same phones although I've noticed the hk has better adhesive holding it together but that's all folks

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2758906
Current Device: Sprint HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition(Black with Champagne) *S-OFF* (Victim of Sunshine)
Backups: Sprint HTC One M7(m7wls) *S - OFF*(Rumrunner), Sprint HTC EVO 4G - *S-OFF* (Facepalm)
Bricked Paperweights: Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE *RIP QWERTY KEYBOARD, I MISS YOU*
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4,Google Nexus