Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 screen TOO sensitive?!?!

Tip us?

simacca
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewokuk View Post
It' on pattern lock. That doesnt stop notifications coming up for anyone that has it set up like that, and it doesnt stop it pressing the emergency calls button!

Air View is off, Increase Touch Sensitivity is off (as already mentioned). Infact I tried the Increase Touch Sensitivity option to see what effect it has and I can't see any difference to it with it turned on, it is just as sensitive, I can literally put my finger inside my shirt and move the screen around and I can do this just as well with the touch sensitivity on or off. Perhaps there is a bug which is causing the increased touch sensitivity to be on ALL the time even when the box is not ticked. Seems to be a problem many are having anyway.
Not had any problems whilst in my pocket, but I tried using the screen through my T-SHIRT and it does the same thing for me with touch sensitivity off or on. Just tried with gloves though and it doesn't work unless you switch touch sensitivity on, so it does make some kind of difference to the screen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

kthz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
In that case ewokuk, 2 solutions, since your phone is brand new, maybe you should take it back to your store and get another unit.
Or wait for maybe a fix with next firmware update.. which may happen anytime. For helping you, you could get a protection / front cover for your phone

CountBlackadder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I registered just to post here. This has been driving me absolutely nuts. Every time I have a call when in the car and the phone is in my pocket (talking through bluetooth), if my leg so much as twitches I end up muting myself or hanging up. I went from an S3 to the S5. If I get a text while walking and I have music playing or something, any and every button available will be pressed. I have had random gibberish created on my calendar while walking (screen lock hadn't activated yet because I had just put it in my pocket).

ewokuk, any word on what you did? I have played around with as many settings as I can but nothing seems to do the trick. It's a nice phone, but unfortunately this one thing drives me up a wall

deathst
Old
Thanks Meter 156
The screens can still be used through simple fabrics .. it can be done so since the S2. If the screen is in the pocket facing down (against your thigh) it still can be triggered. I can only suggest to put the screen facing outwards or well not against your skin or body

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

CountBlackadder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathst View Post
The screens can still be used through simple fabrics .. it can be done so since the S2. If the screen is in the pocket facing down (against your thigh) it still can be triggered. I can only suggest to put the screen facing outwards or well not against your skin or body

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
The difference in sensitivity between the S3 and S5 is pretty astounding though. Yes, I could use the S3 through a shirt if needed, but I never had it hang up phone calls constantly and go through all my apps randomly.

I think the proximity sensor is just not the greatest as it doesn't detect that it's in a pocket. Again, no real idea, but that is my guess.

Rippley05
Old
Thanks Meter 484
Same problems here. Phone pocket dials people, replies to texts. Pattern lock helped..but I prefer not using it. Maybe it's because the phone wakes with text messages received. Annoying as heck

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

antihippy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippley05 View Post
Same problems here. Phone pocket dials people, replies to texts. Pattern lock helped..but I prefer not using it. Maybe it's because the phone wakes with text messages received. Annoying as heck

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I'm glad I'm not the only one because I really did think it was just me. All of the issues listed in this thread happen to me all the time. Tracks skip, the phone hangs up.. I even find my typing is less accurate unless I really slow myself down (it seems prone to picking up extra key presses although this might just be mel. I did not have these issues with my s3.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Forum wouldn't let me edit my previous message so here goes:

No its just me. See here http://phandroid.com/2014/04/19/8-th...ng-galaxy-s5/: