[Q] Flashing roms with locked bootloader problems

OP supaflyx3

24th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Chilliwack
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
More
I'm trying to install an aosp like rom on my ZL. I've rooted it and installed the dual recovery for locked bootloaders.
Now where the problem starts is when I try flashing a rom.
I do a full wipe and install the rom (I've tried cm and omnirom) install gapps and the recovery again. Both TWRP and philz both say it succeeded but after rebooting my phone bricks and vibrates every 2 seconds with the led flashing red and has to be recovered with flashtools.
Any suggestions would be great
24th June 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 122

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3

I'm trying to install an aosp like rom on my ZL. I've rooted it and installed the dual recovery for locked bootloaders.
Now where the problem starts is when I try flashing a rom.
I do a full wipe and install the rom (I've tried cm and omnirom) install gapps and the recovery again. Both TWRP and philz both say it succeeded but after rebooting my phone bricks and vibrates every 2 seconds with the led flashing red and has to be recovered with flashtools.
Any suggestions would be great

cm and omnirom are for unlocked bootloaders!
24th June 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Chilliwack
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagramgenius

cm and omnirom are for unlocked bootloaders!

Yeah I found that out for myself. My bootloader isn't unlockable according to the dev menu, is there a way to circumvent that, or an aosp like rom that uses sonys kernel? My main goal is to fix the google play services power drain on sony 4.4 roms.
Last edited by supaflyx3; 24th June 2014 at 11:35 PM.
25th June 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 122

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3

Yeah I found that out for myself. My bootloader isn't unlockable according to the dev menu, is there a way to circumvent that, or an aosp like rom that uses sonys kernel? My main goal is to fix the google play services power drain on sony 4.4 roms.

Take a look at development thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread