Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is 4.4.2 faster than 4.3? worht the upgrade?

OP ffuser1

22nd June 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

131 posts
More
Is it worth it to move from a stable 4.3 rom to a 4.4.2 rom? faster or more responsive? better battery life? is it worth the upgrade? thanks
22nd June 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Location: Location:
Thanks Meter: 28

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffuser1

Is it worth it to move from a stable 4.3 rom to a 4.4.2 rom? faster or more responsive? better battery life? is it worth the upgrade? thanks

NO!

Android 4.4 is crap.

If I wanted my device that restricted, I would have bought an iPhone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheapxj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

183 posts
I haven't taken, nor will I. Everything I have seen says it is a little faster, worse battery and no new features.
24th June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 31

118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK

I haven't taken, nor will I. Everything I have seen says it is a little faster, worse battery and no new features.

I'm on a 4.3 rom called SR 4 Remix and its rock solid. All the 4.4 roms that I've seen so far are built on the OTA and from what I understand according to Krowley the developer of the SR 4 Remix is that they have had issues with building off the OTA and that he is waiting for Verizon to release the official 4.4 tar file to build his next update off of.

I made the mistake of trying the 4.4 leak and it borked my phone something bad to the point I had to Odin all the way back to 4.1.2 and start again. Lesson learned, 4.4 is not worth having an unstable phone, not at least till all the kinks are worked out. Plus honestly when I was running the leak I didn't notice anything different or impressive about it. I am however keeping an eye on the DN3 Ditto 4.4 rom, they have ported Note 3 features as well as the S5 theme and some apps. Once that one is built of the official tar I will probably give that a go.

As far as taking the official OTA on a stock phone, I did it on my wife's phone and she hasn't had any complaints or praise for that matter.
25th June 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag ALABAMA
Thanks Meter: 51

440 posts
More
same here
I tried 4.4 but went back to my fav 4.1.2 deodexed trimmed so fast. Staying there for now...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread