Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is 4.4.2 faster than 4.3? worht the upgrade?

Tip us?

ffuser1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] Is 4.4.2 faster than 4.3? worht the upgrade?

Is it worth it to move from a stable 4.3 rom to a 4.4.2 rom? faster or more responsive? better battery life? is it worth the upgrade? thanks

Cheapxj
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffuser1 View Post
Is it worth it to move from a stable 4.3 rom to a 4.4.2 rom? faster or more responsive? better battery life? is it worth the upgrade? thanks
NO!

Android 4.4 is crap.

If I wanted my device that restricted, I would have bought an iPhone.
Past devices:
HTC 8125, 8525, T-Mobile Wing, G1, MT3G, G2, Galaxy Tab, HD2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Fascinate, LG Revolution, XT926
N900V.07 & TF700 (Destroyed by USAirways)

Current devices:
SCH-i605 - Downgraded MJ9, Safestrap Beta + N3bula 3.9
MB870 - CM7 Beta, ol' faithful. only ever let me down once (6/21/14)
Acer C710 - Coreboot + Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Surface Pro - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and some hardware hacks

USAirways must DIE. Boycott them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cheapxj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TonikJDK
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I haven't taken, nor will I. Everything I have seen says it is a little faster, worse battery and no new features.

Dugall12
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK View Post
I haven't taken, nor will I. Everything I have seen says it is a little faster, worse battery and no new features.
I'm on a 4.3 rom called SR 4 Remix and its rock solid. All the 4.4 roms that I've seen so far are built on the OTA and from what I understand according to Krowley the developer of the SR 4 Remix is that they have had issues with building off the OTA and that he is waiting for Verizon to release the official 4.4 tar file to build his next update off of.

I made the mistake of trying the 4.4 leak and it borked my phone something bad to the point I had to Odin all the way back to 4.1.2 and start again. Lesson learned, 4.4 is not worth having an unstable phone, not at least till all the kinks are worked out. Plus honestly when I was running the leak I didn't notice anything different or impressive about it. I am however keeping an eye on the DN3 Ditto 4.4 rom, they have ported Note 3 features as well as the S5 theme and some apps. Once that one is built of the official tar I will probably give that a go.

As far as taking the official OTA on a stock phone, I did it on my wife's phone and she hasn't had any complaints or praise for that matter.

nutpn
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default same here

I tried 4.4 but went back to my fav 4.1.2 deodexed trimmed so fast. Staying there for now...

US Marines-"NO EASY DAY" Except Yesterday
Semper Fi