Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Connection Issues

Tip us?
 
lathamc
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q] USB Connection Issues

I have been trying to sync my music with my computer. When I connect my Galaxy S5 using the USB 3.0 connector and the USB 3.0 port on my computer, the Galaxy S 5 will only use the port only to charge the phone. In addition, when it will connect, it only recognizes that the phone is connected via USB 3.0 about 25% of the time.

What is wrong with it?
 
theErock
Old
#2  
theErock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 158
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Covina
Is it the original USB cord that came with the phone?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
 
lathamc
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theErock View Post
Is it the original USB cord that came with the phone?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
theErock
Old
#4  
theErock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 158
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Covina
Do you have the correct drivers installed on your computer for the device?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
 
lathamc
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theErock View Post
Do you have the correct drivers installed on your computer for the device?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
theErock
Old
#6  
theErock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 158
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Covina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathamc View Post
Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Well if there is something wrong with connecting it with USB then maybe try an app like airdroid where you don't need to use a USB to transfer files between computer & phone.

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
 
lathamc
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theErock View Post
Well if there is something wrong with connecting it with USB then maybe try an app like airdroid where you don't need to use a USB to transfer files between computer & phone.

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
I thought about that, but it still doesn't fix the issue. In addition, WiFi doesn't transfer anywhere near as fast as USB 3.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
theErock
Old
(Last edited by theErock; 25th June 2014 at 12:50 AM.)
#8  
theErock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 158
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Covina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathamc View Post
I thought about that, but it still doesn't fix the issue. In addition, WiFi doesn't transfer anywhere near as fast as USB 3.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Very true. Sorry I couldn't be of any help. I had the same issue once and honestly I forgot how I was able to solve it. I just remember how frustrating it was.

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Does you USB mode pop up on your phone screen when you plug it into the computer?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
 
lathamc
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 106
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by theErock View Post
Does you USB mode pop up on your phone screen when you plug it into the computer?

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder
About half the time. USB 3.0 only shows up about 25% of that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
 
theErock
Old
#10  
theErock's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 158
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Covina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathamc View Post
Yeah....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
Dang and it still isn't recognized on the computer! That's a bust cause I know a terminal command to enable USB mass storage.

Sent from XT912
[AOSP/4.3] [ROM] Eclipse v5.1 build 6 spyder

Tags
data, galaxy s5, sync, usb 3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes