Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Enact is a bit... well, silly.

Tip us?

Hazarath
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 25th June 2014 at 09:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Tutorial LG Enact is a bit... well, silly.

So, wanted a keyboard-based phone, and I found one. I love how it feels, and how it operates, less three minor things. Well, kinda major, really.

Firstly, I have a overly-aggressive correction thingy when I type. My last phone would, say, if I type 'Haha' and it replaces it with 'Here', all I have to do is touch the backspace once, and it would correct itself, and restore the 'Haha' back, and I just touch space, and keep on typing.

This thing is evil. Instead of letting me, for instance type 'here', it would replace it automaticly with 'he're'. [Is that even a word?] It would -not- correct in the method I described above. I would -have- to go to setting>Input>Dictionaries>Add a word thingy to get it to keep 'here'.

The main thing I need to accomplish is making it so the replacing 'aggression', I would assume, is toned down. I know I could simply disable it, and all, but, I sometimes need the extra help, haha.

That's the first issue.

The second one, is that right by the 'A' button on the keyboard, there is a key that's a shortcut to this 'QuickMemo' uselessness. I have to hit back, and then resume typing, hopefully not hitting the button again. [And I say this, 'cause I have hit it a few times in one reply. x.x]

And, finally, when I get an SMS reply, it likes to show an IM-like window over whatever it is I am doing. It's more of just a minor thing that I -could- live with, assuming the other two issues could be resolved.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Haz
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazarath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,657
Hi,

I'm sorry but we haven't thread for your LG model.
I have two suggesrtions:

1st => Go to General discussion > Questions and Answers and post your request.

2st => try to change your keyboard apk - you can try Swiftkey or Swipe. and stop to use your native keyboard

Good luck

Hazarath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
Hi,

I'm sorry but we haven't thread for your LG model.
I have two suggesrtions:

1st => Go to General discussion > Questions and Answers and post your request.

2st => try to change your keyboard apk - you can try Swiftkey or Swipe. and stop to use your native keyboard

Good luck
..you want me to not use my physical keyboard? Sorry, just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are recommending.

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,657
It was suggestion, but I know that a lot of users who have a physical keyboard prefer this type of keyboard that the other as Swiftkey ...

I haven't got any suggestions except to post your problem to Q&A forum (1st link)

philos64
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,657
Do you use Auto-correct on your keyboard,?
If yes, simply turn-off

Suggestion from one of my colleague XDA Team Assist @PulseDroid

Hazarath
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by philos64 View Post
Do you use Auto-correct on your keyboard,?
If yes, simply turn-off

Suggestion from one of my colleague XDA Team Assist @PulseDroid
I appreciate the reply, and your time you took into your post, however, I am trying to find an alternative to that. Again, I sometimes am not the best typer, so, I need some help sometimes.

I will, however, post on the forum as suggested.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe