[Q] Updating firmware with S-OFF/Diff MID

OP telc

25th June 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
Hi there,

Ive just managed to get s-off with the new sunshine exploit. Changed to SUPED CID. Im trying to update to the latest firmware but keep getting " remote 41 model id check fail" and when I unplug the cable it says model ID incorrect. Realised that my MID does not match so I edited the file within the zip and changed that to suit my MID ( 0P6B65000 ) but now I am getting "remote: 24 parsing android-info fail. I can't find a firmware that matches my MID. What can I do to update my firmware (I don't have a nandroid of the original rom).

Thanks,
25th June 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 334

917 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telc

Hi there,

Ive just managed to get s-off with the new sunshine exploit. Changed to SUPED CID. Im trying to update to the latest firmware but keep getting " remote 41 model id check fail" and when I unplug the cable it says model ID incorrect. Realised that my MID does not match so I edited the file within the zip and changed that to suit my MID ( 0P6B65000 ) but now I am getting "remote: 24 parsing android-info fail. I can't find a firmware that matches my MID. What can I do to update my firmware (I don't have a nandroid of the original rom).

Thanks,

What exactly were you doing i.e The steps you took? Were you trying to flash a zip file in fastboot mode where it's not supposed to be flashed from in the first place? Generally with roms the zip file gets flashed with the install zip function in the custom recovery. Firmware zips can be flashed with RUU mode...Were you trying to update to latest OTA? If you were doing for the latest OTA what steps are you using? Do you still have a custom recovery installed?

Why change the CID and MID What's your main version that you had, your original CID etc? Did you try looking for a backup in the Collection thread?

Collections of Stock Backups
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 344

1,241 posts
More
Are you sure your super cid?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android The Greek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I have just changed the MID on the device to the European version, updated firmware and all is well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread