Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Third party batteries?

Tip us?

heffe2001
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I think what he's saying is, there's no way to squeeze 4300mah into the space a 2800mah battery occupies, there's just physically not enough room for that much capacity in that small a space. While it may indeed have a larger capacity than the OEM battery, I'm also of the opinion that it's nowhere near 4300mah.

Also, read the reviews on that battery since it was originally posted, gets 2 stars out of 5 now, mostly due to capacity complaints.

eatonjb
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I'll assume that you might be able to get a few more mAh out of a battery if you possibly remove the NFC chip from the battery to add a tad more size to it. How much really, not much I will assume.

also, getting more time out of a battery could have to do with the Kernel learning more about you and itself, etc. etc.

there are SOOOOO many factors to battery life, that really the only way to do it is on a bench with a real tester.

Elite49
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I just want a 4300 Mah battery, or a bigger one than stock that is legit that adds a little bit of bulk but not some absurd level like 6000+.
XDA the land of try hards, trolls and the occasional Android Gurus!
I "thank" for anything. Including tacos.
Current Phone: BLACK GS5 w/SlymHyde 11-2
WHITE GSIII w/BoneStock JB Fauxafied v26
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2

Heavy Metal
Old
Thanks Meter 12
How about one like the 4300 or even a 5600, but same size as stock now I would like that, we're I can keep same case ect...

SAMSUNG-SM-G900A, with 128gb SD & Rooted.