Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Third party batteries?

OP Michael_P

22nd June 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 25

222 posts
I think what he's saying is, there's no way to squeeze 4300mah into the space a 2800mah battery occupies, there's just physically not enough room for that much capacity in that small a space. While it may indeed have a larger capacity than the OEM battery, I'm also of the opinion that it's nowhere near 4300mah.

Also, read the reviews on that battery since it was originally posted, gets 2 stars out of 5 now, mostly due to capacity complaints.
23rd June 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 66

1,114 posts
I'll assume that you might be able to get a few more mAh out of a battery if you possibly remove the NFC chip from the battery to add a tad more size to it. How much really, not much I will assume.

also, getting more time out of a battery could have to do with the Kernel learning more about you and itself, etc. etc.

there are SOOOOO many factors to battery life, that really the only way to do it is on a bench with a real tester.
24th June 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 60

755 posts
More
I just want a 4300 Mah battery, or a bigger one than stock that is legit that adds a little bit of bulk but not some absurd level like 6000+.
25th June 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 12

256 posts
How about one like the 4300 or even a 5600, but same size as stock now I would like that, we're I can keep same case ect...

SAMSUNG-SM-G900A, with 128gb SD & Rooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread