FORUMS

[SOLVED] Intentionally breaking wifi

Thanks Meter: 910
 
By moonbutt74, Senior Member on 25th June 2014, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hello,

i am conducting an experiment on my gt-p5210 and need to break/remove drivers/firmware for wifi
so when i try to connect=no BUT without vaporizing the wifi section in settings. I had thought removing
the contents of /system/vendor/firmware bcm4334xxx.hcd would have done it but no.
I am on my 5th kernel compile/experiment and am not sure if i accidently compiled firmware [wifi]
into kernel. any meaningful help would be appreciated.

thank you for reading

m
Last edited by moonbutt74; 25th June 2014 at 02:48 AM.
 
 
25th June 2014, 02:44 AM |#2  
gr8nole's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 4,368
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbutt74

hello,

i am conducting an experiment on my gt-p5210 and need to break/remove drivers/firmware for wifi
so when i try to connect=no BUT without vaporizing the wifi section in settings. I had thought removing
the contents of /system/vendor/firmware bcm4334xxx.hcd would have done it but no.
I am on my 5th kernel compile/experiment and am not sure if i accidently compiled firmware [wifi]
into kernel. any meaningful help would be appreciated.

thank you for reading

m

Look in lib/modules or /system/lib/modules for a file called dhd.ko and rename it.

It may be part of the boot.img ram disk.

Sent from my SCH-I605
The Following User Says Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 02:47 AM |#3  
moonbutt74's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 910
 
More
Thumbs up dhd.ko
gr8nole

thank you sir.
this kernel stuff is fun.
m
25th June 2014, 02:49 AM |#4  
Restl3ss's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Fort Mcmurray
Thanks Meter: 941
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

Look in lib/modules or /system/lib/modules for a file called dhd.ko and rename it.

It may be part of the boot.img ram disk.

Sent from my SCH-I605


I love some of the subtle sci-fi references you find in the android firmware.
that or i'm seeing something that isn't there.
Referencing stargate, a "dhd" or dial home device was what activated the gate.

sorry for being off topic, but I had to comment
The Following User Says Thank You to Restl3ss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 04:21 AM |#5  
moonbutt74's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 910
 
More
Cool HAH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restl3ss

I love some of the subtle sci-fi references you find in the android firmware.
that or i'm seeing something that isn't there.
Referencing stargate, a "dhd" or dial home device was what activated the gate.

sorry for being off topic, but I had to comment

slick find
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy tab 3, gt-p5210, samsung, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes