Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Favorite Recovery?

OP poppers162

18th June 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #1  
poppers162's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
I wanted to make this to see everyone's opinion on the current recoveries. CWM, TWRP, Philz touch, safestrap, etc. Just put what you think is the "best" recovery in your opinion. And explain, if you'd like.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,806
 
1,353 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

I wanted to make this to see everyone's opinion on the current recoveries. CWM, TWRP, Philz touch, safestrap, etc. Just put what you think is the "best" recovery in your opinion. And explain, if you'd like.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

TWRP
  • Touch based
  • Easy to navigate
  • Simple format
  • Theme-able
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #3  
poppers162's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK

TWRP

  • Touch based
  • Easy to navigate
  • Simple format
  • Theme-able

Agreed. Philz looks very cool as well but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. And you say Theme-able. How would I go about changing the theme?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by poppers162; 18th June 2014 at 09:32 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,806
 
1,353 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppers162

Agreed. Philz looks very cool as well but I haven't had the chance to use it yet. And you say Theme-able. How would I go about changing the theme?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

PhilZ is basically CWM with more options. I don't like the way they're structured. Not that they're bad, just not for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #5  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
TWRP... first smart phone was the droid 4 which used safe strap so it's just what I'm used to...

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezknives For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #6  
Durteedee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 42
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Twrp I used Cwm and philz before, Cwm mod was simple but I didn't know what I was doing most the time other than put rom on sd erase install new rom, then philz which I learned how to use aroma what some of the options were, then Twrp is easy and super convenient.. Because of the interface I prefer to sideload roms and other packages, and I feel like I have more control over the device

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Durteedee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #7  
deathwithafi's Avatar
Member
Flag parkersburg, wv
Thanks Meter: 2
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durteedee

Twrp I used Cwm and philz before, Cwm mod was simple but I didn't know what I was doing most the time other than put rom on sd erase install new rom, then philz which I learned how to use aroma what some of the options were, then Twrp is easy and super convenient.. Because of the interface I prefer to sideload roms and other packages, and I feel like I have more control over the device

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk


does anyone have a link for a twrp that will work with razr m kitkat? plz, ty
24th June 2014, 07:09 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwithafi

does anyone have a link for a twrp that will work with razr m kitkat? plz, ty

thanks to @dhacker29

http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhack...R_M-KITKAT.img
The Following User Says Thank You to crazy4android For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK

TWRP

  • Touch based
  • Easy to navigate
  • Simple format
  • Theme-able

Agreed with all of the above! Haven't themed it myself, but TWRP I find is more intuitive to use than CWM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dareiflash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes