Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more

Nexus Player 5.1 LMY47D Rooted

We recently featured the Nexus Player, Google’s second attempt at a digital media … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

M7 root/unlock question

25th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
25th June 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Alrighty, thank ya
25th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 530
 
1,588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.





Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Alrighty, thank ya



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?
25th June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #6  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 15,661
 
8,958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ok thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes