Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

M7 root/unlock question

OP bhfd64

25th June 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

217 posts
Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
25th June 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 60

342 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon

Alrighty, thank ya
25th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 442

1,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

Quote:

Alrighty, thank ya

25th June 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?
25th June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 9,138

6,605 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ok thanks