FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

M7 root/unlock question

219 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By bhfd64, Senior Member on 25th June 2014, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
 
 
25th June 2014, 04:49 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Hello anyone. I'm brand new to HTC. I got a M7 today that has the 4.4.2/Sense 6.0 update. I come from primarily all Samsung devices which are extraordinarily easy to hack. All of this S-Off and different bootloaders and whatnot is foreign to me. I gather that the 4.4.2 update has thrown some sort of a wrench in things root wise. What's the easiest way to get a custom ROM on this thing? I'm fairly proficient with ADB. Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 04:51 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Alrighty, thank ya
25th June 2014, 09:50 AM |#4  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 566
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrego47

a new root is almost done, the other methods won't work on the new update. Just be patient and it should be out soon



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.





Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Alrighty, thank ya



Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 10:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

New root it's done, but @jcase doesn't want to burn an exploit on just one device. Give it time for the Verizon m8 to get patched and he still most likely release the root exploit.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?
25th June 2014, 10:46 PM |#6  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 17,615
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhfd64

Got it, thanks. Can I proceed with unlocking the bootloader or achieving S-off and whatever else needs done or were all of these things affected by the update?

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:47 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

No, all you can do is wait...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Ok thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes