Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,322 Members 50,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fixes for everyone

Tip us?

K-Alzwayed
Old
(Last edited by K-Alzwayed; 26th June 2014 at 05:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1809
Default Fixes for everyone

Hey guys. I've been an android user for the past 2.5 years and during my time using it, I've run into rooting and taking full control of my phone. BUT that comes with a price. And luckily, that price isn't that big of a deal (unless you really mess up your device by doing things you don't know anything about). A few tweaks and changes to your "build.prop, csc, lib....etc" contents with a reboot sometimes fixes problems real quick and you'll be a happy camper after thinking "oh sh*t! My phone sucks and this can't be fixed".
Without further a due, here are some of the annoying issues I've run into and after searching/asking I figured out how to fix them:

First of all, all I need from you to have is a root browser app and some simple knowledge about editing files in there, changing permissions, moving stuff around, and all that stuff. I personally use "root browser" app. It's up to you. Whatever app you're comfortable with is fine.

1. The annoying "AT&T address book subscription" or whatever they call it pop-up window that pops in your face every time you open your contacts.

Well, not anymore [emoji16] thanks to @NunHugger for pointing that out for us in one of his posts on the alliance ROM thread (and I happened to be an OCD. I take a screen shot of every useful post that I think will help me in the future and throw it in my SD card)
Using your root browser app navigate to system/csc/feature.xml and find this

<CscFeature_Contact_EnableAAB>true<

and change the "true" to false. Save, reboot, and enjoy.

2. WiFi issues. Like, your wifi isn't sticking while you're using your phone. It disconnects constantly. Or you have to re-enter your password every time you reboot. That is easy as well. I am not sure who figured it out first, but I've seen some posts praising @Walter.White for finding that out. Thanks to him either way. He helps so much all the time regardless.
From your root browser, navigate to system/build.prop and find this

ro.securestorage.support=true

and change the "true" to "false". Reboot and enjoy.

3. If you flash an international based ROM, you may lose your AT&T 4GLTE signal icon and end up with only G4 in the status bar. Even though it doesn't mean you don't have LTE, but hell it's so annoying to look at.
That's a very easy one. From your root browser, navigate to system/build.prop and find this

ro.product.name=hltexx

And replace the "xx" with "att". Save, reboot, and enjoy.

Also, I don't know who figured it out first. it's an old one (since the note 2 days)

4. Losing screen rotation functionality.
Due to "debloating" especially for those who have just gotten root (thanks to @geohot) and they're debloating the hell out of their phones. LOL
Some problems might occur thanks to samsung for linking so many of their bloat to the device's main functions. I ran into this problem and it drove me crazy. Thanks to the power of Google search and this gentleman here @phyowaiummg for posting the solution for it. It's caused by removing samsung hub with titanium. Titanium removes this

"libgnustl_shared.so"

file (that apparently controls the rotation function on our phone) from system/lib when you uninstall samsung hub with it. Just find that file in another ROM zip file. Extract it and throw it into your system/lib. Change permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.
Do NOT delete. Just freeze with titanium. It's not worth it. You're only going to save 150+ MB by deleting all the bloat. IF you can't help it, then use "root app delete" app from play store and delete the bloat.

5. HOW TO FULL UNROOT AFTER TOWELROOT (how I did it. It worked for me):
First you need to be on stock ROM (assuming you have a backup of it).
a. Un-install recovery from SS then Un-install the app-SS- itself.

b. Open up your "root browser". On the very first page, just keep scrolling down and find "SS" folder. Delete that.

C. From supersu app, go to settings/full unroot and press that and continue accepting all the windows that pop up. (Do NOT reboot yet).

d. From root browser, navigate to system/app and look for the supersu apk and see if it's there. If so, delete it. If it's not there, then you may find it in system/prev-app or data/app. Delete the hell out of it wherever you find it.

f. From root browser, navigate to system/xbin and find busybox and su and delete both.

d. Now reboot and cross your fingers it works. It worked for me.
Let me know if it works for you as well, please!

Hope that helps some of you guys. If anyone has a fix that I don't know about, please just pm me and I'll add it to op. Enjoy fellas.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to K-Alzwayed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K-Alzwayed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1809
...!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to K-Alzwayed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Face_Plant
Old
Thanks Meter 122
The first one for getting rid of that stupid contacts sync thing worked great! Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Face_Plant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bone_Enterprise
Old
Thanks Meter 418
I just destroy that software with Titanium backup anytime it is a problem.
Current Active Devices
AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Running Dynamic Kat v4.1 by bri315317
Nexus 7 (2013) Running CleanROM (FLO) v3.6 by scrosler
AT&T Galaxy S II Skyrocket Running Dirty Unicorns v7.6 by wantowan2

"The Digital Generation Lives On"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bone_Enterprise For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerrycoffman45
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Nice write up k-alz

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrycoffman45 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Walter.White
Old
Thanks Meter 953

DONATE TO ME
Here is a video that you guys might find interesting.

https://archive.org/details/ShmooCon......Bootloaders
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walter.White For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K-Alzwayed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter.White View Post
Here is a video that you guys might find interesting.

https://archive.org/details/ShmooCon......Bootloaders
Thanks dude. that's pretty cool. they're very talented. I'm guessing our bootloader is going to be cracked soon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk