Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CloudyG3 first boot taking over an hour?

Tip us?

Tyler510
Old
(Last edited by Tyler510; 24th June 2014 at 11:12 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] CloudyG3 first boot taking over an hour?

I clean flashed it and in TWRP it said done and I clicked reboot and it was rebooting for at least 20 minutes...not a bootloop...just the boot animation playing over and over and over. I tried force rebooting and my SIM wouldn't be detected so I reflashed it (again, clean flash) it and now I'm waiting on the boot screen for an hour+...I know first boots usually take longer because it has to setup the OS...but an hour..? Did I do something wrong? Anyone know why this might be happening?

EDIT: I got into the ROM. No cell signal though. Anyone possibly know why?

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1,340
Might have a bad download. I know u did a back up of your previous ROM? U should re download the ROM again make sure u select the correct variant and see what happens then.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tyler510
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619 View Post
Might have a bad download. I know u did a back up of your previous ROM? U should re download the ROM again make sure u select the correct variant and see what happens then.

The download was fine because the MD5 matched what he said it should be. I selected the correct variant all 3 times I tried installing it.

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler510 View Post
The download was fine because the MD5 matched what he said it should be. I selected the correct variant all 3 times I tried installing it.
Hmmm strange cuz it worked fine for me. I would say download the ROM again and try again.

Tyler510
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619 View Post
Hmmm strange cuz it worked fine for me. I would say download the ROM again and try again.

I tried this a few times already :/ I tried redownloading the 12B baseband, flashing CM11, everything worked fine. ReDLed the KK baseband and ROM, no cell signal (SIM not even recognized). I think I'll wait it out till CloudyG3 1.1
Tags
cloudyg3, custom rom, lg g2, twrp