Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,759 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to update Galaxy s3 I747 rooted / clockworkmod ?

Tip us?

gatopelon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] How to update Galaxy s3 I747 rooted / clockworkmod ?

I have a samsung galaxy s3 I747 and I have on my cell phone:

android 4.1.1
Clockworkmod v6.0.1.4
stock rom

When I bought my cell I rooted it with a tutorial I found here at the xda_developers forum.
here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2042775

it rooted and installed clockworkmod also.

I am a noob with all of this and my question is, how do i upgrade android?

I go to settings, about device, software update, then it tell me I can download an update, after I downloaded it my phone says it will restart in 5 seconds, after it does, clockworkmod kicks in and I don't know what to do from there.

After that I reboot my cell phone and it tells me that the upgrade was interrupted and to press ok, when i press ok it starts normal but with no upgrade.
then I have to wait 23 hours for the next try.

I went in the menus of clockworkmod and most of them say load or stuff like that from the sd card.

Thank you for your time

SkVergil
Old
(Last edited by SkVergil; 25th June 2014 at 06:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Explaining every step here would be very long and it will take a lot of time, but there's a dedicated guide in the General section that will help you tons!

Notice: You won't be able to update through the method you're trying because you're rooted, and that update it's a stock official update which will detect your rooted Galaxy S3 and its clockworkmod and it will make the update fail everytime. Look at it like some type of Samsung security thing.

If your Galaxy S3's ROM is on Android version 4.1.1 you can always update to 4.3 from a software called "Odin", there are tons of youtube videos about that. But if you want to keep the clockworkmod recovery and install custom ROMS (CM11, AOPK, 4.4, 4.4.2, 4.4.4) which are pretty much all the ROMS and updates around here, you'll have to follow the guide I mentioned. I too had the same questions as you a long time ago, and it took me a while to get the hang of it, but I'm pretty sure you'll have a nice looking and great update/ROM on your S3. Just follow the instructions and you'll be good.

Good luck mate!
[i777] AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 with PAC-Man ROM-Nightlies- : [4.3] --- Kernel: AJK 4.8 "THE BOSS"
[SGPT111US] Sony Tablet S running 4.0.3 R5a
-------------------------------------------------------