Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to downgrade firmware on HTC M7

Tip us?
 
Hakim Zurgany
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default How to downgrade firmware on HTC M7

Hi ...

I have upgrade the firmware on my HTC One dual sim to work with Kitkat 4.4 , now i want to go back to 4.2 JB . I tried to re flash the rom with 4.2 , i am getting a message says *Mainver old fail* .

Is there any way to downgrade the rom . Details of my HTC as bellow :

Tampred
Unlooked
S-ON
HBOOT 2.29.00
OS 2.37.720.1

Another thing how can i get S-OFF with no OS on my HTC , most of posts regarding S-OFF needs OS .

I appreciate your help

Thanks
 
yatindroid
Old
(Last edited by yatindroid; 20th June 2014 at 02:20 PM.)
#2  
yatindroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 362
Posts: 1,385
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jaipur
You need S Off then you can flash that Rom
Flash TWRP 2.6.3.4 recovery in fastboot
Push custom Rom zip file by adb sideload or USB otg cable
Install custom Rom then use firewater S Off

from HTC One
 
Hakim Zurgany
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid View Post
You need S Off then you can flash that Rom
Flash TWRP 2.6.3.4 recovery in fastboot
Push custom Rom zip file by adb sideload or USB otg cable
Install custom Rom then use firewater S Off

from HTC One
Thanks for help ..

For S-OFF as i know needs operating system to be able to change S-ON to oOFF . But i have no operating system on my HTC .
Now am not able to downgrade the firmware .
 
raghav kapur
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 455
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakim Zurgany View Post
Thanks for help ..

For S-OFF as i know needs operating system to be able to change S-ON to oOFF . But i have no operating system on my HTC .
Now am not able to downgrade the firmware .
Flashing the ROM is flashing the Operating System. Once you've flashed TWRP recovery and sideloaded the ROM, you will have Android OS with Sense (a Sense ROM is required for S-OFF).
TWRP is the custom recovery where you can install the OS by flashing the ROM
 
Hakim Zurgany
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur View Post
Flashing the ROM is flashing the Operating System. Once you've flashed TWRP recovery and sideloaded the ROM, you will have Android OS with Sense (a Sense ROM is required for S-OFF).
TWRP is the custom recovery where you can install the OS by flashing the ROM
I tried to install the ROM and i am getting a meassage says Installing aborted
 
Hakim Zurgany
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by yatindroid View Post
You need S Off then you can flash that Rom
Flash TWRP 2.6.3.4 recovery in fastboot
Push custom Rom zip file by adb sideload or USB otg cable
Install custom Rom then use firewater S Off

from HTC One
How can i get S-OFF without having Operating system on my HTC , I tried many time to install the correct rom by sideload but noway i am getting message says Installing aborted .
 
SaHiLzZ
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 417
Posts: 1,724
Join Date: Jan 2011
Get the custom rom made for dual sim
 
Hakim Zurgany
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 16
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Get the custom rom made for dual sim
Could you please help me to get ROM for HTC M7 Dual sim - OS 2.37.720.1?

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more