Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 45,255 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does anyone experiencing "pitting" / corrosion on Xperia Z1's aluminium frame?

Tip us?

jfireman
Old
(Last edited by jfireman; 25th June 2014 at 09:13 AM.) Reason: added the picture of the dark spots
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Does anyone experiencing "pitting" / corrosion on Xperia Z1's aluminium frame?

Something weird happening to my Xperia Z1's aluminium frame since 2 months ago. I begin to notice there are some dark spots or pitting on the bottom right of the aluminium frame. Now those dark spots are appearing even more. I tried using my fingers to feel those dark spots and it feels like when I'm scratching a corroded steel

Coincidentally, those dark spots appears in the area where my hand usually touch the phone. I live in a tropical country and this probably happens because my sweat somehow harm the aluminium frame. Anyone experiencing this issue? And does anyone knows how to make these dark spots gone?

schickel
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfireman View Post
Something weird happening to my Xperia Z1's aluminium frame since 2 months ago. I begin to notice there are some dark spots or pitting on the bottom right of the aluminium frame. Now those dark spots are appearing even more. I tried using my fingers to feel those dark spots and it feels like when I'm scratching a corroded steel

Coincidentally, those dark spots appears in the area where my hand usually touch the phone. I live in a tropical country and this probably happens because my sweat somehow harm the aluminium frame. Anyone experiencing this issue? And does anyone knows how to make these dark spots gone?
I have the same, but not so like you. It seems not to be something like corrosion, but wear and tear or consumption.
Moj ujak je jednom rekao: "Kad sam bio mali, kakio sam. Sada serem!" - Kako se stvari mjenjaju....

Sony XPERIA Z1 14.4.A.0.108 / Nexus 7 (2013) ParanoidAndroid 4.4
Sony XPERIA S (LT26i niaboc79 eXistenZ Ultra 1.3.5)
Acer Liquid E
Sony Ericsson K800i
iPhone 4
HTC Touch Diamond
Sony Ericsson K800i
LG KG800 chocolate
Siemens S65
Siemens C25
Alcatel One Touch Easy