[Q] Does anyone experiencing "pitting" / corrosion on Xperia Z1's aluminium frame?

25th June 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Something weird happening to my Xperia Z1's aluminium frame since 2 months ago. I begin to notice there are some dark spots or pitting on the bottom right of the aluminium frame. Now those dark spots are appearing even more. I tried using my fingers to feel those dark spots and it feels like when I'm scratching a corroded steel

Coincidentally, those dark spots appears in the area where my hand usually touch the phone. I live in a tropical country and this probably happens because my sweat somehow harm the aluminium frame. Anyone experiencing this issue? And does anyone knows how to make these dark spots gone?
Last edited by jfireman; 25th June 2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added the picture of the dark spots
25th June 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 221

538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfireman

Something weird happening to my Xperia Z1's aluminium frame since 2 months ago. I begin to notice there are some dark spots or pitting on the bottom right of the aluminium frame. Now those dark spots are appearing even more. I tried using my fingers to feel those dark spots and it feels like when I'm scratching a corroded steel

Coincidentally, those dark spots appears in the area where my hand usually touch the phone. I live in a tropical country and this probably happens because my sweat somehow harm the aluminium frame. Anyone experiencing this issue? And does anyone knows how to make these dark spots gone?

I have the same, but not so like you. It seems not to be something like corrosion, but wear and tear or consumption.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread