FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Notifications problem

24th June 2014, 02:13 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Dear All,

I am facing a problem in my note 3 notifications, whenever i receive any message it shows only NEW MESSAGE it's doesn't displays the message sender name or message content.

Important note: i haven't updated my NOTE 3 to 4.4.2 because i heard from my some friends that note 3 get hanged or lagging issue after updating to 4.4.2

please let me know how i will fix this issue.

thanks,
 
 
24th June 2014, 07:43 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjhazhj

Dear All,

I am facing a problem in my note 3 notifications, whenever i receive any message it shows only NEW MESSAGE it's doesn't displays the message sender name or message content.

Important note: i haven't updated my NOTE 3 to 4.4.2 because i heard from my some friends that note 3 get hanged or lagging issue after updating to 4.4.2

please let me know how i will fix this issue.

thanks,

Setting>More>Preview message is set?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosli59564 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 09:52 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
No it wasn't set.. I have changed the settings now.. But still when ever i recive the message it doesn't show the sender name or mobile no.. Please help
25th June 2014, 08:33 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Setting>More>Preview message is set?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this: didn’t know about this so far. It was an issue for me as well, but didn’t know sms notification could show like this, gmail and other does same.

Just found this post and set this and it works awesome. Thanks a lot. Very helpful feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to soumen.sam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 09:45 AM |#5  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,167
 
More
Preview used to be the default method of displaying notifications, but they changed it since 4.3 and added a setting for it. PRivacy thing, I believe.

I guess some people apparently didn't want the messages from their secret love affairs showing up as readable on their phone when leaving it on the dinnertable.
25th June 2014, 10:26 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Preview used to be the default method of displaying notifications, but they changed it since 4.3 and added a setting for it. PRivacy thing, I believe.

I guess some people apparently didn't want the messages from their secret love affairs showing up as readable on their phone when leaving it on the dinnertable.

Yes that is true as well. There is always negative and positive sides.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank