Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AptX support?

Tip us?

tlo07
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default AptX support?

I found a thread on the OnePlus forums that states there is no mention of aptX support for the One. I know that has something to do with Bluetooth streaming but that's pretty much all I know. Does this mean the OPO may not be able to stream music via Bluetooth in my car? Is it more dependent on my car's hardware? (I've got a 2011 Hyundai Sonata, for the record, and I've tried to google it with no success.) If it can't, even at $350, I'll have to pass. That's a non-negotiable for me. Can someone with more knowledge on the subject please chime in? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4022
Aptx is a new codec for Bluetooth audio. Most devices don't even support it right now. As long as as A2DP and AVRCP are supported you should be fine. I don't think cm supports aptx but aptx isn't related to whether or not you can steam music in your car.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

extrem0
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Yeah. Probably even your sonata sound system doesn't support aptx codec.
Sensation 4G // CM10.1 AOSP 4.2.2 Jellybean by albinoman887

myTouch 4G [bad emmc&screen] // Dark Jelly Belly v.2 w/ Frosted Cherry Kernel -- sold

Milestone A853 // CyanogenMod 7.2.4e by kabaldan

tiny4579
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4022
A bit more info.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AptX

I would be curious though if the oneplus one supports aptx. I'm thinking probably not.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

TylerDurdenK
Old
Thanks Meter 9
According to the Oneplus Forums it doesn't. However my 3 year old HTC One X does, so APTX definitely isn't that new.

This is going to make me rethink about whether I actually want this phone or not....
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerDurdenK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]