No registration required

[Q] N7 2012 4.4.3 Update Failing

OP rich549

25th June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Hi,

I have a rooted stock Nexus 7 2012, I'm trying to update it to 4.4.3 from 4.4.2 but it keeps failing.

The update downloads, I hit install, it reboots into CWM Recovery, I select the option to install an 'untrusted zip', the update begins and then fails due to the following error:

"/system/app/bluetooth.odex" has unexpected contents.

I've tried flashing the OTA using CWM and forcing the OTA update using Nexus Update Checker and both have failed with the same error.

I'm no longer being prompted for the update either but I'm still on 4.4.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich
26th June 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich549

Hi,

I have a rooted stock Nexus 7 2012, I'm trying to update it to 4.4.3 from 4.4.2 but it keeps failing.

The update downloads, I hit install, it reboots into CWM Recovery, I select the option to install an 'untrusted zip', the update begins and then fails due to the following error:

"/system/app/bluetooth.odex" has unexpected contents.

I've tried flashing the OTA using CWM and forcing the OTA update using Nexus Update Checker and both have failed with the same error.

I'm no longer being prompted for the update either but I'm still on 4.4.2.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

The error message about unexpected contents is a giveaway that you need to flash the 4.4.2 system.img, then you'll be able to flash the OTA.
26th June 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillMouster

The error message about unexpected contents is a giveaway that you need to flash the 4.4.2 system.img, then you'll be able to flash the OTA.

Ah ok. Will that not screw up my root and also cause problems with some of my apps?
26th June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich549

Ah ok. Will that not screw up my root and also cause problems with some of my apps?

No problem. Apps and data remain. After installing the OTA update, you may lose root but you can get it right back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread