Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 41,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM Recovery NOT flashing with G900K Korean

Tip us?

95Birdman
Old
(Last edited by 95Birdman; 10th June 2014 at 07:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default CWM Recovery NOT flashing with G900K Korean

I'm currently stationed in South Korea and recently picked up an SM-G900K, which I was able to root and unlock SuperSU and permissions and everything, but I cannot get into the actual clockwork recovery when I reboot. It just keeps going back to the Downloading... screen, except in Korean language. I have tried PhilZ Touch, and regular CWM. When I attempt to boot to Recovery, it just goes right back to Download Mode. Any ideas? Also is it possible to flash to get rid of ANY Korean language? Thanks

95Birdman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, I found a recovery that actually worked on the phone: g900k-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.8-en(0422).tar but when I tried to flash Phoenix ROM, it just booted directly into Download Mode again and I couldn't find a way to boot to the new ROM. I'm back to my backup. Any suggestions?

Cholerabob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Have you tried TWRP ? I also had trouble recently getting back into recovery, try removing the battery and trying several times ( 5-6 times ) , in the end mine booted into recovery .

obi_vader
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholerabob View Post
Have you tried TWRP ? I also had trouble recently getting back into recovery, try removing the battery and trying several times ( 5-6 times ) , in the end mine booted into recovery .
Hi, sorry to ask this in your thread but how did you guys root your device? With which root file? I've looked at the chainfire website and they only list the Korean model for L and S rooted but not for K. So wondering if you guys used those files to root the device? Do you happen to also know if rooting the device will allow us to change the voicemail number? The default now is *88 and I can't for the life of me get it changed to a number I can use in the US.

guidombesher
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root SM-G900k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Birdman View Post
I'm currently stationed in South Korea and recently picked up an SM-G900K, which I was able to root and unlock SuperSU and permissions and everything, but I cannot get into the actual clockwork recovery when I reboot. It just keeps going back to the Downloading... screen, except in Korean language. I have tried PhilZ Touch, and regular CWM. When I attempt to boot to Recovery, it just goes right back to Download Mode. Any ideas? Also is it possible to flash to get rid of ANY Korean language? Thanks
Hello..I am trying to root Sm-G900K but failed to find the CF for that model. Can you help?

2ndcarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Try holding 'up' & 'home', while holding, press and hold power. As soon as the S5 comes on the screen let go of the power button. It should jump in recovery. Holding 'down' 'home' & 'power' get the download menu. As far as changing the language on the download screen, there is no way to change it without changing bootloaders and we don't want to brick our phones so we are stuck with it.

Sent from my SM-G900K using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I'm not sure if this will work but you could try storing your own number in the contact list. Then assign it the #1 speed dial slot.

Sent from my SM-G900K using XDA Free mobile app